Beach Day

Hey! sorry I went a wall. It was finals week yay! due to the fact that I hate school and can't wait to just fucking graduate I had zero will to do anything the past week including writing stories I enjoy. Anyway I am back baby so get ready. 

here is yet another soulmate au. exciting I know.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Soulmates, what a concept. Dean has heard some crazier ones and he kind of glad this is how they worked. When you met yours, their first words would be written somewhere on your body. It was complex and complicated but also somehow simple. There was no countdown or waiting game, it just happened whenever. It wasn't something he particularly worried about.  Well not all the time. 

****

"Sammy! Let's go damn it! I want to get a good spot before all the good ones are taken!" Dean yelled.

Dean was finally taking a few days off from the station (he's a firefighter) and was visiting Sam down in California (pretend Sam lives near a beach and not in the middle of a city). It was really the only time he got to go down to the beach so he took as many chances as he could. It was his favorite place, toes in the sand, little umbrella drinks, Hawaiian shirts. the concept itself just made him all warm inside and he never really knew why. 

"Go on without me Dean!" Sam responded. 

"come on man! what's better than a day at the beach?" Dean asked. 

"Nothing but I do have work to do so please leave before I give up and go." Sam was walking around his apartment, shuffling mourned multiple books along with his laptop. 

"Whatever, I'll leave bitch." Dean grabbed the cooler full of beer and snacks and went out the door. He slammed it for affect. 

Sam rolled his eye, "jerk."

*******

When Dean got to the beach it was not as crowded as he was worried but there was still quite a few people. He got out of the driver seat and stretched then went around to grab his crap, humming as he went. 

After grabbing his backpack, a small shade umbrella and the cooler he walked down the chipped wooden steps that led down to the sand and water. He carefully worked his way through the small groups of people and picked a spot that was out of the but not far. Dean pulled out the small radio and his towel then got comfortable. 

After laying out the towel, he laid out getting some sun. It was a warm day so he went for a swim a little bit after.

When he got back he shook off, not wanting to get his only towel all sandy and wet. Being satisfied with the small amount of droplet coming from his hair and body he laid out again, pulling out some book Sam told him he should read. It was nice all relaxing until some dingbat started kicking sand at him and stepping on his towel. 

"What the hell?" Dean looked up to see a dark haired man stumbling all over his towel, getting sand in all the wrong places. 

"Hey, dick for brains! You're stepping all over my towel damn it!" Dean tried staying clam not wanting to draw attention but he was pissed. Who does that?

The guy stopped in his tracks. Turning towards the voice but looking just past it. He ran a hand through his wet mop of hair causing it to stick up all weird. Dean thought it was kinda hot until he remembered that this sex haired moron had gotten sand all over his towel after he was sp careful not too. He looked down and tried shaking out what sand he could before it all clumped together in the wet spots. 

"Shit, I am so sorry." He diligently walked toward Dean trying to apologize. 

"I uh- I don't have my glasses. You and your towel looked like a far away blur. My bad." He continued to explain. 

"Yeah well-" Dean looked up and froze. It was like he had seen a ghost. "I mean... it's actually fine. No big deal, just some sand." his demeanor completely changed after what he saw. 

"You um-... you can't really see?" Dean stood up to face the man. 

"Ugh why do people always ask that? I can see for fucks sake! It's just blurry." It always annoyed him when people asked that. 

"No- I just- where are you're glasses man?" Dean held his hands up in question, wishing the guy could see what he could right now. 

"Over there by the rest of my crap. I can get them if that's what you are gonna ask next." He started walking slowly towards his stuff. 

"NO, I am sure you are completely capable. I just think I should introduce myself before you are able to fully see again. Maybe I should just walk over with you cause I may need to issue an apology and-" Dean was following behind the guy, scared as hell. 

"you have nothing to apologize for." He said. " I am the one that stepped on your towel, I should apologize again." 

"you don't understand-" 

"I don't understand what? Unless-" The guys paused, closing his eyes looking up at the sky. He sighed. "I have dick for brains written somewhere very visible don't I?" 

Dean sighed. "Yeah..." He looked down and crossed his arms. 

The man reached down and grabbed his glasses, perching them on his face. He looked at Dean and started laughing. 

"What's so funny? you just found out we are soulmates and you're laughing?" Dean was all red and flustered. 

"What was the first word I said?" He looked at Dean as he thought about it. 

"Shit" 

"exactly" 

Dean threw his head into his hands and rubbed his face. Maybe this soulmate thing was faulty after all. 

He looked up and met the blue eyes behind the frames, holding his hands out.

"Well now that we have matching profanity marks, I'm Dean" 

"I'm Cas, nice to finally meet you." Cas smiled. They both giggled seeing eachothers soulmate marks. 

"At least we are both hot" Cas said shrugging. that just lead to an eyeball and more laughing. 

After some light conversation, Dean moved his stuff to sit next to Cas. They got to know each other more and talked about how this was gonna be a good story to tell everyone. 

Dean thought he loved the beach before, but now it is definitely one of his favorite places.