Frozen In Time

ok I was scrolling on Pinterest and I read a soulmate prompt that was pretty freakin rad so here it goes. enjoy... or not. 

as an aside there is underage drinking (not in a scary way) talked about so just as a warning in case anyone does not prefer it. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean's POV

January 24, 1979 in Lawrence, Kansas, Dean Winchester was born. it was around 9:18 at night (I don't actually know the time I just made it up), this was a very important time. 

**18 years later** 

 They say on your 18th birthday at the time you were born, time freezes and everyone around you with it for 24 hours. in those 24 hours only you and your soulmate are moving, you have to find them. Today was Dean's birthday, his eighteenth to be exact. 

"Dean get up!! I can't be late." Sam yelled at Dean. 

He was up, had been for hours. Dean was tense about what was gonna happen tonight. When Dean met him he was sure Benny was his soulmate, that didn't work out. Then he met Cassie and he was sure she was his soulmate, nope. now he was with Lisa, he can't be wrong again. what if he was though? These thoughts bounced off his brain for hours on end. Him and Lisa had planned their 24 hours and everything, he couldn't be wrong. 

"I'm up!" Dean screamed back, if he didn't get up now then he wasn't going to get up at all. Dean got dressed and headed out into the world. 

"Morning hun" Mary said as Dean walked into the kitchen. Dean just hummed a hello. "It's going to be fine." Of course she knew he was nervous. 

"How did you feel? ya know when it was your birthday." Dean asked, sitting down at the table. 

"I was nervous of course. I didn't even really know your dad at the time. it was just thrown at me that someone I just met was meant to be my partner for the rest of our lives. It all worked out though." Mary said. 

"yeah..." That didn't help at all, if anything Dean got more nervous for some reason. 

Him and Sam took off for school, it was going to be a long day. 

Cas's POV

"Charlie no." 

"Charlie yes. We are going tonight Cas, we have too." Charlie was trying to convince Cas to go to Dean Winchester's big 18th. It was the party of the month and there was no way she was going to  let Cas miss it. 

"I'm not going to a party for some jock kid who doesn't even really know who I am. Plus we all know what happens on someone's 18th and when I get frozen it's not gonna be at another person's house." Cas took a deep breath afterwards. 

"Ah who cares. the whole school was invited, this is a good opportunity to get out there." Charlie made a valid point, she always does. 

"I'll think about it okay?" Cas was going to eventually give in to his best friend but it wasn't going to be that easy. 

"Okay, plan on me being at your house by 7 got it?" Charlie picked her stuff up from where they were sitting and started to walk off. 

"I said I was gonna think about it!" Cas told her. "Yeah, I heard what you said!" Charlie said. They were going. 

**After School** 

Dean's POV

Dean was right, the day took forever. Lisa had planned him a big party with most of the school that night, it worked out perfectly since it was already a Friday. It was at his house, Mary told him  as long as nothing is stolen, broken or thrown up on she would give him one hall pass to have a huge party. It was fair.