A ghost

something short and sweet but sad. takes place after 15x18 and 15x19 so warning?it doesn't really follow the rules of how the empty works or how it actually happened went but oh well. anyway...

————————————————————————
Dean wasn't the same. just staring at the ground or walls most times. he wasn't sure what he was supposed to do. he didn't really feel the need to do anything. he just was there, no rhyme or reason.

Sam and Jack took notice to this. how could they not. Dean wasn't present to anything anymore. Sure he was there but he wasn't really.

They had a funeral if you could call it that. it was more of they built a small wooden cross with the initials C.W. engraved on it and stuck it in a nice grassy area near the bunker.

Dean spent most of his days here. when he didn't know what to do he came here. sometimes he talked and sometimes he just sat.

that's where he was right now.

He walked up and sat cross legged. he plucked a few weeds that were starting to sprout and placed dying flowers aside to be replaced with new ones. He had thought of planting some wild flower seeds. he remembered Cas talking about bees once. He thought Cas would like that.

He continued to sit. he closed his eyes and took a deep breath.

"Hey cas."

"I got a dog. Sammy found him on a hunt and brought him home. names miracle" Dean smiled a little. the name reminds him of Cas.

"Damn furball always gets my sheets muddy but I don't mind." Dean plucked a piece of grass and started to tie it in a not. it was comforting, something he did as a kid. it was mindless.

"Jack is doing good too. He has big plans. you would be proud. I always make sure he knows."

Dean took another deep breathe. it wasn't hard to talk about anything but he always found it easier to talk to Cas even if he wasn't actually here. Dean swore he could still feel his presence when he came to the small grassy patch. maybe that's why he felt so comfortable here.

"I hope wherever you are you're ok. I say this every time but I think that maybe if I say it enough it will be true." a single tear slipped down his cheek. he didn't bother to wipe it away.

"I also hope you know I love you too. I say that every time too but I didn't say it enough before. I'm sorry Cas." small quiet sobs racked through Dean's body. this didn't always happen. sometimes he came and said his peace then left but some days it was more difficult.

after a little bit he wiped his eyes and got up. he went inside and decided to go and get those seeds. it would be spring soon.

he was gone before he could hear it. not that even if he was there he would be able too.

"it's okay Dean. I'm okay. I love you too."