His Return

this one takes place a little after 15x19 (even though that episode sucked too)  so there's spoilers if you haven't been able to see it or somehow don't know what happened... I'm not really sure so here's a warning anyway. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------

After defeating chuck and having their kid as the new almighty was pretty great. When Jack became god he put everything back the way it should be. Everyone who survived the collapsing of the other worlds were still alive, everyone who Chuck made turn to ash were whole once again. 

When Sam had asked Jack if by everything being normal he meant Eileen had come back, he shook his head. Sam hugged his kid and thanked him with tears, the love of his life had returned.

"go get her Sammy" Dean had told Sam. So he took a car and went to find her, he needed to tell Eileen just how much loved her and that's exactly what he did. 

"Uh jack..." Dean was looking down, unsure he wanted too know the answer to the question he was about to ask. 

"He's back to Dean" Jack already knew. how couldn't he? Dean was torn after what happened, hard to go unnoticed. 

"Thanks kid."

Jack waved his good bye and left Dean alone on his quest to find Cas. Cas who he loved. 

The kid didn't really give him any idea to where he was, all he said was "go back to the night you met." Dean decided his best bet was the barn in Pontiac, Illinois. 

When he arrived it was dark out and quiet. he grabbed his gun just in case and went inside. all the sigils from that night were still there amongst various graffiti. He just laughed remembering how he stabbed Cas in the heart, not the greatest greeting but he was fine. the lights were still blown and had webs covering the inside. He could still feel the wind shaking the barn from that night. 

"Alright, well I don't see cas. damn kid and his cryptic thoughts." He said to himself. Dean decided he had to wait at least a little bit, what if there was some big entrance that was supposed to happen, he wasn't sure what was supposed to really happen. 

Dean occupied himself by kicking some dirt around and even found a shotgun shell buried from 12 years ago. He hummed a song as he walked around trying to name the sigils he could recognize. nothing too exciting. That was until he heard someone walking towards the barn. 

now he was alert and had his hand on the gun in his waistband. it was probably someone coming to the barn to do something stupid but maybe it wasn't. Dean took slow steps towards the entrance but stopped when the person appeared in the doorway. 

"Who are you?" Dean screamed at the figure. 

"Hello Dean." said a monotone voice. 

"Cas? Is it really you?" He lowered his gun and took now fast steps towards Cas. 

"Yeah it's me" Cas had spoken softly with tears brimming in his eyes. He was out of the empty, finally.

"Cas." Dean exhaled in relief and hugged the newfound life out of the him. Cas wrapped him arms around the hunter in return. He was so glad this was happening. 

Dean pulled back and put his hand on Cas' shoulders while looking him in the eyes. 

"Damn it Castiel! Why did you have to go and do that huh?"

"Dean-" Cas had expected Dean to be angry after what he said, not this angry though. 

"No Cas! You can't just tell me that I am what makes you happy then leave. That is now how it is supposed to work! You don't go where I can't follow!!" Dean was crying now too, just like when Cas left. 

"What? Follow?" Cas didn't understand. 

"Yes you asshat. you left me Cas. You told me you loved me then left. even if you didn't really want to it still happened." His anger turned to sadness. everyone he  ever loved had left one way or another, they all went away eventually. He never expected Cas to leave like that, he was an angel after all and no matter what he always came back. 

"Dean, are you not upset about what I said?" Cas was trying to comprehend what was happening. He knew but he waned to be sure. 

"Of course not. Cas, I love you too." Tears were falling and both men were looking into the others eyes. it was a touching moment filled with emotion. it was what meant to happen. 

"Really?"

"Really. You don't think you deserve to be loved? Cas you have saved me more times than you think. You always do what you think is right no matter what. After being screwed by the world so many times, you loved it anyway. You say I helped you do that but I know you have always loved it. You have always cared for humanity and you, Castiel, out of all people deserve to be loved by it." 

Cas brought Dean into a hug and rested his head on Dean's shoulder. Dean kissed his head and whispered "Don't ever think that you deserve any less Cas." 

Cas brought his head back up and kissed him. Dean was shocked but melted into it immediately.  it was about damn time. 

ulling back, they were both breathless. Cas rested his forehead on Dean's and they just stood in the moment. 

"I have to say Cas, I expected barns doors to crash when you got here." they laughed through their noses with small smiles, recalling what happened the night they met. 

"Actually, I think I'm human. When Jack pulled me put of the Empty, I couldn't feel my grace anymore. I think it's  gone." Cas was glad actually, this man he would truly be able to live his life. Sure no bad ass powers but now he could be human.

"Are you okay?" Dean also remembered the last time Cas had no grace, it wasn't easy. 

"Yeah, I am. Really" Cas knew this time would be different. He had Dean. 

"well okay then, let's get home yeah?" 

"yeah." They walked out hand in hand. 

Cas had returned.