Chapter 9

It took Helena a moment to regain her senses. Her head pounded from being knocked against the wall of the ship. Her eyes were blurry for a few moments as she tried to get to her feet. Once she had regained some of her senses, her attention zeroed in on the clones around her, instantly checking to see if they were alright. She helped some get to their feet.

"General, are you ok?" Rex spoke up from her right while getting to his feet.

Helena nodded her head, checking over the clone captain for any injuries as he spoke.

"I'm fine. Are you hurt?" He shook his head as Anakin opened the door of the ship.

"Common we have to keep moving." He spoke, while running out the door.

Helena helped Ahsoka to her feet, checking to make sure she was alright before usuring each of the clones out the doors.

"Let's go boys." She waited, making sure she was the last one out before following the clones to Anakin's position.

The geonosians rained fire down on them as they ran for cover. The clones fired right back, ducking every few seconds for cover from the enemy. Sand flew through the air around them, blocking some of their visions on the enemy's location. Helena ignited her lightsaber, slicing through Geonosians as she made her way up the battlefield. She ducked for cover next to Ahsoka for a moment, checking on a few of the clones who had been injured before coming to stand once again.

"They're falling back, come on." Ahsoka blocked a few laser blots as she spoke.

Helena nodded her head. They made their way towards Anakin's position, ducking out of enemy fire from the geonosians up above. Helena blocked a laser blot aimed in Ahsoka's direction before spinning to slice two Geonosians through the chest. She helped a clone get to their feet before rushing for cover just behind Anakin's position. Rex leaned against the sand bank hiding them from view, speaking in his comm for a few seconds before turning to face the general.

"What's the word?" Helena asked, standing next to him to block a few laser bolts.

"Can Obi-Wan send support or not?" Anakin called from in front of them.

He came to hide to Helena's right behind the sand bank. She blocked a few more laser bolts before hiding behind their source of cover once again. She looked around for a moment. It seemed that Ahsoka had separated from her during their rush towards Anakin's position. Rex shot a few shots towards the enemy before answering.

"I don't think so sir. Cody says General Kenobi never reached the landing site. They think his gunship got shot down" Ahsoka approached the trio from their left, crouching down out of the enemy's line of fire.

A brief flicker of worry passed over the mandalorian at the thought of Obi-wan being shot down. She shook it off however, knowing to stay focused on the task at hand.

"Great, the one time I actually ask Obi-Wan for help and he's nowhere to be found." Helena rolled her eyes at Anakin's words.