Chapter 8

Helena walked down the hallways of the temple with a confidence in her step. One that had been missing for some time now. Other jedi who were very familiar with the Mandalorian stared as she pasted but she paid them no mind. She knew they were no doubt taking in her new appearance, something she had done for several moments before leaving her quarters that morning. The Mandalorian had been the main topic of conversation around the temple ever since the general had been captured. Many had been anxious to hear news of her return, including several padawan learners who looked up to her.

She made a right turn, coming towards a doorway she had been thinking about for most of the morning. Her next encounter would be interesting to say the least. Her presence had been requested in the Situation room as soon as possible. When standing before Master Yoda and Windu, she would have to choose her words very carefully. She had come to a realisation during the events that had transpired within her mind over the past few weeks. One that both jedi were waiting patiently to hear.

The door to the situation room opened with a hiss, signaling for the jedi master to enter. Helena took a deep breath before entering the room. The moment she stepped through the doors; she could feel the eyes of each council member on her. Her bowed her head to the both of them as she approached.

"Master Vorn, good to see you it is." Master Yoda spoke while bowing his head.

"We understand you've successfully recovered?" Master Windu asked while taking in her new appearance.

Both masters were no doubt surprised to see her sporting clone armour along her upper body and arms, with a blue stripe of paint running down the center. She pushed her shoulders back while smiling at Master Windu.

"Indeed. While it did take some time, I'm glade to say the visions from my past have stopped." She glanced over at the holotable behind them curiously. "What was it you wished to discuss?" Both Jedi masters shared a look before making their way over to the holotable.

Master Windu pushed a few buttons before an all too familiar planet appeared on screen. Helena stared at it with wide eyes from a moment before taking a deep breath.

"We were not sure if you would be able to attend the official briefing you'll understand, as your condition was still in question. Which is why it had already been given to General Kenobi, General Skywalker, as well as General Mundi." Helena nodded her head in understanding, her eyes glued to the hologram of the planet before her in slight shock.

"To Geonosis you must go." Master Yoda spoke while turning his focus back to the Mandalorian.

Those were words Helena never expected to hear again. A sense of dread came over her as her thoughts wondered to the battle that felt so long ago. It had taken a heavy toll on her as well as the clones who had fought by her side, with many not making it back. She still had the scars running down her arms from where she had been hurt that day. She placed a hand to her arm just thinking about the pain that had set in the moment her adrenaline had left her system.

"Forgive me master," She spoke after a moments pause, clearing her throat before continuing "but I thought we secured Geonosis during our liberation of Master Obi-Wan and Anakin Skywalker?" Master Windu sighed before glancing over at her.