The Treehouse

Another day, wasted by watching Lloyd and his attempts to follow his father. Honestly, you could walk out of here right now, but you didn't want to crush Lloyd's dreams.

Lloyd recently ordered for a base of operation but you didn't expect a treehouse. Sure, it looked pretty awesome, but you weren't going to let Lloyd get away this time. Unbeknownst to him, you had already swung on one of the swings.

"Uh... Lloyd? Don't you think this grudge against the ninja is... oh, I don't know, stupid?" When Lloyd looked back at you, you saw a glint of suspicion.

"What's that supposed to mean?" You decided to pull him over to the side to try and get your point across, not knowing that someone was tuning into your conversation above.

"It's just... we don't know how long that hypnotism lasts... we don't know if we can trust them." Lloyd simply scoffed at your words and tried to assure you that he was still in charge.

Whatever you say Lloyd... whatever you say...
You thought as you walked around the new fortress.

Great... you bumped into someone. Again. What's with you and running into people?! You looked up and saw the same old scowl of a soldier. "Oh, it's you." He sneered at you then glared back at Lloyd.

Rude... you looked towards Lloyd as well. "So... what're you thinking about?" He glanced down and muttered "How much of an idiot our general is. What about you? You seemed quite troubled."

You merely scoffed at his words as you glanced back at Lloyd then the person or should I say, snake, in front of you. "I can't believe how much of an idiot Lloyd and your general is."

He turned his attention back to the pair in front of him. "Seems like we have similar thoughts regarding Lloyd and my general." Thus began your conversation with the hypnobrai, soon realized to be named Skales. It was interesting to learn about someone who was obviously more different than yourself.

It gave you a rush of adrenaline. That is till the fortress began to crumble. You went near a balcony and notice ninja cutting the supports. You sign-language to Zane saying "What the heck?!" Apparently, they thought cutting the supports would help them safely rescue you and Lloyd.

You had a chance to escape... but it was soon thrown out the window when Skales, once again, grabbed your wrist and ran like the wind towards the exit. You gotta admit that he's pretty fast.

Though all tension was brought back when you saw Lloyd being held by two hypnobrai scouts. You also realized that when you tried to work your hand out of Skale's grip. It wouldn't budge.

Suddenly, you heard Skales talk about getting the general's staff back. You thought it would just be a simply break in and break out but no one was there to guard the place. You could do nothing but watch as a monastery that you used to call home, was nothing but ashes.

A/N
Ahhhh!!! This was longer than expected. I'll probably use the slither pit scene as an intro to the next chapter since I didn't want it to sound too rushed or repetitive.

Anyways hope you like the chapter! Requests and prompts are accepted in my other book so feel free to comment prompts there! Have a great day!