Subway Snakes

As we all rushed towards the brig, Nya stood by the monitor with a blank stare. Laid on the table were ancient scrolls, the Serpentine alphabet, and an assortment of ancient texts. Strangely enough, there also happened to be a box of darts.

"So, last we heard of Pythor, he stole the map of dens from Lloyd... and he's on his way to open the last two serpentine tombs."

"Ugh... don't remind me..." Lloyd replied while grimacing at the memory. You sighed and shook your head.

"Have you found anything about the whereabouts of the last two tombs?"

"But those tombs could be anywhere! Without the map of dens, we might as well just throw darts at a map."

Nya cracked a smile and replied, "Good idea. Why don't we?" Suddenly, two darts flew past Kai's head; precisely on the locations of the Hypnobrai and Fangpyre tombs. "These are the two locations of the Hypnobrai and Fangpyre tombs." Kai muttered "Show off..." as Nya walked back towards the monitor.

"And this..." Nya added while throwing another dart, "...is Pythor's tomb. After many hours of ruminating on why the tombs were placed in these three precise locations, I discovered a secret pattern."

Grinning, she brought out a flashlight and turned back around towards the monitor. With a click, the flashlight shone on the screen revealing the symbol of a serpent.

"Hey, isn't that the Ninjago symbol for snake? Or... was it serpent?" I replied, it was quite peculiar to see all the tombs align perfectly with the symbol.

"Precisely Y/N! All three tombs are in line for the Ninjago symbol for Serpent."

Jay took another look at the map and replied "So the last two tombs must be here and here! Ah... you are so smart."

Nya sighed dreamily, "Was there ever any doubt?"

"While I'd love to listen to you two lovebirds, we have to make haste if we're going to stop Pythor from opening up the rest of the tombs" I remarked. Wu nodded before standing in front of the monitor.

"Y/N is correct. There is little time before Pythor opens the other two tombs. Kai, Y/N, and Jay. You three head to the Venomari tomb. Cole and Zane, you take the Constrictai tomb. And take this." Wu replies whilst handing the Sacred Flute to Zane, "You might need it if you run into Pythor."

"Wait a minute, why do I have to go?!" I retort with a frown. Wu turned around with a dumbfounded expression.

"There is no time to argue Y/N! Just go!"

~•———————————————————————————————————————•~

We drove towards the Toxic Bogs in search of the Venomari Tomb. Although, I must admit that getting through the swamp was a troublesome task. We were currently walking towards the tomb until Jay halted due to the foul stench of the bogs.

You responded "Jay, it's none of us. We're in the Toxic Bogs." Kai nodded, "Yeah, these swamps can eat through you worse than Cole's chili." To prove our point, Kai took a stick and poked it in the swamp where it melted in a matter of seconds.

As we continued onward, I suddenly began to feel the creeping sensation that someone was watching me once more. Thankfully, the idiocy of Kai and Jay were able to distract me long enough to notice that we had reached the tomb. An open tomb.

"Hey guys..." I said, "I think I'm going to check West of the Tomb while Kai, you check the East. Jay should probably stay near the tomb entrance so that we don't have any surprises... sound good?" Kai replied with a thumbs up while Jay continued to create echoes in the tomb.