two

Sailor

"We're so fucked!" Louis shouted, slamming his hands on the table in front of him. All ten candidates were nothing compared to Zayn and every one of us knew it. I bit the inside of my cheek, not wanting to feed into Lou's tantrum.

     "We can try again in a few days, mate? Maybe some others wanted to audition but didn't have the time?" I prepared myself for the backlash, knowing Louis wasn't going to like the words that left Liam's mouth.

     "We don't have a few days Liam! The show is next week! We're royally fucked!" He fell back in his seat, crossing his arms and his face falling. They weren't truly fucked but god I didn't want to go there. I'd get no sleep if he knew but I hated seeing Louis so defeated. This was his dream and he stayed up countless hours with flash cards to help me achieve mine.

     "Okay so maybe-"

     I was interrupted by the studio door slamming open, revealing a tall man with short, curly brown hair. I blinked quickly, almost wondering if this was some sick joke my mind was playing on me as he was easily the most breath taking human being I've ever laid my eyes on. As he got closer to the table, I got a better look at him.

     He wore a red and black flannel over a black t-shirt, the sleeves rolled up slightly, revealing black ink covering his arms. He had rings on just about every finger, two of them gold letters that spelled out H and S. Dark wash jeans covered his legs, the material so tight that I almost wondered if they were drawn on. His face was chiseled and had a very concentrated look on it as he handed Louis the flyer. His tongue ran over his pink lips before they broke out in a smile, revealing a small indent within his cheek. When his emerald eyes met mine, I almost fell out of my chair.

     Keep it together, Sails. Jesus, it's just some guy, not freaking Dylan O'Brien.

     "Uh, hi. I'm sorry I'm late and hadn't signed up. I honestly didn't think I'd get up in time to be here but uh, I'm Harry," He held his hand out to Lou who took it, giving it a swift shake.

     "It's nice to meet you. I'm Louis and I'm desperately hoping you're the saving grace I've been praying for today. Show us what you got, mate," Harry nodded, making his way over to the drums. I hadn't taken my eyes off of him since he walked in the room, his presence overwhelming all of my senses, "Might want to close your mouth, Sails. Catch flies with it open like that," I clenched my jaw, shooting Lou daggers before flipping him off. He just chuckled in response, falling back to his previous position.

     Once Harry got settled, he gave us a nod and started playing. I was completely mesmerized by every move, my eyes never leaving his face. He had his tongue poking out just slightly, the way I always did when I was deeply concentrated. I folded my lips together and tried to keep my focus on his playing rather than the veins bulging from his neck and the sweat dripping down his forehead.

Shit, I am so screwed. He's fucking great and he's definitely going to be part of the band...how am I ever going to be able to focus with this man, literally sculpted by the hands of God, in my presence. I honestly wish I was exaggerating with this but he was honestly flawless.

"Holy shit, dude. That was...there are really no words to do that justice!" Mitch's voice shook me from my thoughts, both because he rarely ever spoke and two because I was so lost in my thoughts that I'd completely zoned out.

"Took the words right out of my mouth, Mitch," Louis whistled, the biggest smile taking over his face as he clapped his hands together, "Mitch here is a man of few words so getting him to compliment you is really something. The positions yours if you want it," I looked over at Niall, confused when I caught him staring at me. His expression was almost defeated which confused me because we'd
just found our drummer.