Chapter 7

Samantha's POV

Akhil is taking me to meet his friend/crush today. I have a plan, which Akhil agreed with.

Akhil told Priya to meet us at their usual coffee shop. Akhil and I walk in to find Priya already there.

"Hi!" Priya greets us.

"Hi, I'm Akhila." I introduce myself.

"Akhila...hi." Priya says, giving Akhil a look.

"I'm Akhil's cousin."

"Oh, is that right?" she asks.

Akhil smiles. "I'll go get us coffee." he says, and he leaves.

I look at Priya's face as Akhil smiles at me, and I know that she loves him. I look down, trying to hide the smile threatening to come on my face right know.

She definitely loves him.

"Akhil never talked about you." Priya says.

I look up immediately, keeping the smile from showing on my face.

"Oh, he never talked about you either." I say back.

Her face twists.

"I mean, we are to get married." I add.

Her eyes widen.

"What?"

"Well, not yet, but after he settles, arranged marriage."

"Oh."

I lean closer. "Do you know if he has a girlfriend?" I whisper.

She sits up a little straighter.

"Yea, he does, don't you know?" she says.

Just then, Akhil walks over with coffee.

"Know what?" he asks as he sits down and puts out coffees in front of us.

"That you have a girlfriend." Priya says just as Akhil takes a sip of his coffee.

When she says that, he nearly spits the coffee out.

"Girlfriend?" he asks, when he recovers from the mini heart attack he just had.

"Yea."

I latch on to Akhil's arm, and Priya shoots daggers at me.

"You have a girlfriend?" I ask Akhil.

He looks at Priya, his eyes wide. When he doesn't answer, I kick him in the shin.

"Ow!" he exclaims, looking at me. When he sees my face, he remember my question. "Ya." he says.

"Oh? You never told me." I accuse. He shrugs, unsure of what to say. "Who is it?" I demand.

Akhil opens his mouth to answer, but Priya beats me to it.

"Me." she says.

I look at her and raise my eyebrow.

"Really?" I ask.

"Yes."

I pull out my phone and message Akhil, who is staring at Priya. I tell him to tell me to go wait outside, and that he will come. He looks at his phone, and a confused look appears on his face.

Why? he texts.

I will leave, you talk and confirm with her. I want to hear it, call me so i can hear.

Ok

We both put our phones down.

"V-Akhila, why don't you go wait outside? I'll just come." Akhil says.

I look at him and give him a reassuring smile before getting up and walking out. Akhil calls, and I lift it. I put the phone to my ear and listen to them talk.

"Priya...?" Akhil says.

"Akhil, I love you." Priya confesses. I smile in victory. "I wanted to tell you, but know you are gonna get married, and I had to do it. Your cousin is really annoying."

"I love you too Priya." Akhil says.

"Really?!"

"Yes."

"Does that mean...?"

"I guess it does."

I decide to end the call then, because it seems too private to listen in to. A few minutes later, Akhil walks out, smiling like he just won the lottery for a million crores.

He rushes up to me and gives me a big hug.

"Thank you so much vadina!" he exclaims happily.

I return the hug before my phone rings. We pull away. Giving a little pat on his back, I take my phone out of my purse and see that its Chay calling.

"Hi." I say.

"Hi, where are you?"

"Oh, I'm out with Akhil, we are coming back to the hospital right now." I say. I gesture Akhil to start the car and we get in.

"What are you doing with Akhil?" he asks.

"Oh, is someone jealous?" I ask, chuckling.

"We need you here." he growls.

"We're on out way love." I reply.

"Good."

"Good. Love you."

With that, I give him a kiss before ending the call. I look out the window as Akhil drives us back to AGH.

Hey guys! Okay, so long time since I've updated this book. I was having writer's block because I had no idea what to do. Loll. But I hope you guys liked it!