Prologue

Chaitanya's POV

I rush out of the hospital. The time is 8:30, and if I get home any later, Sam will have my head. I get into the car, and turn it on just as my phone rings. Looking at the caller id, I see that its Sam.

Shoot!

I cautiously lift the phone while pulling out of the parking lot.

"Naga Chaitanya Akkineni!" my wife yells at me. I move the phone away from my ear to save them.

"Hey Sam." I casually say to her.

"Chay." she says in a warning tone just as it starts pouring. Wow, what a timing.

"Ok. I'm really sorry princess. I got caught up in so much work that I lost track of the time." I say.

"A likely story." she says. I can almost see her rolling her eyes.

"I just started, I'll be home in a twenty minutes. Be ready. I have a surprise for you." I say.

"Ok. Drive safely." she replies. "Bye."

"Ok. Love you. Bye." I reply, cutting the call.

I call my best friend, Kaushik.

"Hi Chay." he greets me.

"Hi man. Is everything set?" I ask him.

"Yea man. Everything is ready. That is, except for you and Sam." he replies.

"Ok. I'm on my way home. I told Sam to be ready." I say.

"Ok. Come quickly."

"Yea su-"I stop. My world stops. The past few months pass through my eyes.

"Chay? Chay?" Kaushik says. But my one thought is...

"Sam"

All turns black.

Samantha's POV

This idiot is always going on about work. Work this, work that. Ugh! Its so annoying.

He said he had a surprise for me. I decide to dress in his favorite saree. Chay always thought I looked pretty in this saree.

As I wait for my always late husband to arrive home, I received a call that made my heart stop

Unknowingly, I lift the call.

"Hi Sam."

"Hi Nani. Tell me." I say to one of my husbands best friends.

"Um. Sam, Chay met with an accident.

I freeze, shocked. "Sam. Sam?" Nani's voice calls.

"Huh?" I ask.

"We are in AGH now."

"I'm coming." I say, cutting the call.

I rush to the hospital. His-our hospital. Rushing to the ICU, I find his parents and his best friends there. The doctor is talking to them. I walk up to them, trying to control my tears.

"Hello Dinesh." I greet the man. We work in the same place, so we know each other. He is a normal surgeon and psychiatrist, and I do housewife surgency.

"Samantha." he says. I look at him in fear of what might have happened. "He might have amnesia. He had direct impact to his brain." My heart stops for a second.

"Can we see him doctor?" my mother-in-law asks.

"Yes." Dinesh says, nodding.

"Go first Samantha." my father-in-law says to me. I nod.

Animatedly, I walk into the ICU room, the word amnesia repeating in my head.

"Chay. How are you feeling?" I ask my husband.

He stares at me. After a few minutes, he opens his mouth to speak words that I never thought I would hear coming from his mouth to me. Words that made my heart stop a second time in less than two minutes. Words that made me remember everything that happened in the past 5 months in 5 minutes.

"Who are you?"

Hey friends! Hope you liked the chapter!

Please comment, vote, and share this story with others. Also, follow me for announcements!