Chapter 13

Chay's POV

I walk down the stairs and grab my car keys.

"Chay, are you going out?" Mom asks.

"Yeah, I'll be back later, I'm just going out with Naina." I reply.

"Naina?" Mom asks, a worried look etched on her face. Huh, weird, she likes Naina.

"Yes ma." I say just as my phone rings. I look at it and see that it's Naina calling. A smile immediately appears on my face. "Hi baby." I say, answering the phone and putting it to my ear.

"Baby, are you on your way?" Naina asks.

"I'm starting from home right now baby, I'll be at the cafe in ten minutes."

"Ok baby come fast I wanna see you sooooo bad, I miss you so much."

"Me too Naina, love you." I say.

"Love you too baby, see you."

I end the call. "Bye ma." I say before walking out the door and to my car.

****

I arrive at the cafe in ten minutes as I had told Naina I would be, and walk in to see her at a table, looking stunning.

"Chay!" She exclaims when she sees me. I walk over and she stands up, giving me a hug and a kiss on the cheek. "Hi baby." She says, pouting slightly. "I missed you so much."

"I missed you too baby."

"I ordered the coffee." She says.

"Ok." I reply before sitting down.

A few minutes later, the coffee is brought to our table and the waiter leaves. I take a sip of my coffee when Naina speaks up.

"Chay, do you want to get married?" She asks.

I look at her, eyes wide in shock.

"So suddenly?" I ask.

"You know, when I heard about your accident I was so worried baby. I thought I had lost you forever. I can't go through that again. I want you to be mine, I want you and me to get married baby."

"Yes!" I exclaim. "Yes, of course. I love you Naina. I want you to be my wife." I say, ecstatic.

"Great! We should go ring shopping tomorrow baby."

"Ok, I'll bring Amma too." I say.

"Uh-no, I was thinking only we both should go. We can surprise them after." Naina says quickly.

"Ok, your wish." I reply.

"Ok baby, I have to go, but I'll see you tomorrow at the mall ok?" Naina says, getting up.

"Do you need a ride?" I ask.

"No, I got my car, I'll go by myself." She replies.

"Ok, see you tomorrow baby." I reply, giving her a hug as she leaves. I walk up to the counter and pay for our drinks before leaving.

I get into the car and text Kaushik and Nani to meet me at the bar tonight for a party. With that, I drive home.

****

"What's the special occasion bro?" Nani asks as him and Kaushik walk towards me at the bar.

"Who cares man, we're getting free booze right." Kaushik replies, earning a laugh from me and Nani.

"First order drinks, then I'll tell you." I say, unable to hold the smile from showing on my face. They order drinks and we wait for them.

"Damn, you seem so happy, did you remember the past two years or what?" Kaushik mumbles.

"Who cares about the last two years man?" I say as the waiter sets the drinks in front of us.

"Then?" Nani asks.

"Naina asked me to get married to her!" I exclaim.

"WHAT?!" Kaushik and Nani shout at the same time.

"What?" I ask.

"What did you say?" Nani asks.

"Of course I said yes!" I say.

"You did what?!" Kaushik shouts alone this time. "You said yes to her when she cheated on you?!"

The smile on my face vanishes. "What?" I ask, my heart dropping.

"Rey!" Nani hisses at Kaushik.

"Shit." Kaushik says, closing his eyes and silently yelling at himself.

"What do you mean she cheated on me?" I ask Kaushik, unable to feel anything.

"I-I didn't mean anything bro leave it." Kaushik says.

"No, you definitely meant it." I say.

"It's time to tell him." Kaushik says.

"Tell me what?" I ask.

"No, aunty said not to." Nani replies.

"I can't watch him making this mistake bro."

"Can you two please tell me what the hell is going on?!" I yell.

They both look at me as if only realizing that I was sitting in front of them.

"Naina cheated on you a year and a half ago and you found out and broke up with her. Then you fell in love with Sam, a doctor who joined AGH about a year back and got married to her." Kaushik says.

"What?" I ask, confused.

"Yes, if you want go ask your mother, she'll tell you." Kaushik says.

I get up.

"Bro where are you going?" Nani asks.

"Home." I reply before walking out.

****

I slam the car door shut and walk into the house.

"Ma!" I shout. "Ma!"

"Chay?" Mom comes running. "Chay, what happened? Is everything ok?" Mom asks. Dad and Sam are behind her, worried looks etched on their faces.

"Is she my wife?" I ask, pointing at Sam.

"What?" Mom whispers.

Sam's POV

"Is she my wife?" Chay asks, pointing an accusing finger at me.

He knows. He knows I'm his wife. Does that mean he remembers?

"Chay-"

"Is this maid my wife?" Chay yells.

Or maybe he doesn't remember.

"She isn't a maid." Aunty shouts at him. "And yes, Sam is your wife and my daughter-in-law."

"She's a maid. How can a maid be my wife and your daughter-in-law?" Chay shouts back.

I feel my heartrate pick up and my head spin. My vision becomes blurry and I feel the ground coming closer before I hear someone shouting my name and I blank out.

Hey guys! So that was intense. I hope you like the chapter! I have a plan for 1 maybe 2 more chapters for this book, so stay tuned! Please do comment and vote and share my books with others! Love you guys!