Christmas

"Have yourself a merry little Christmas... Oh, Santa Baby, slip a sable under the tree for me.. All I want for Christmas is you! You, baby.. Rocking around the Christmas tree, have a—"

Barry had been camped out at the door for at least five minutes now, singing parts of all the Christmas songs he could remember. At first it was sweet, then it turned annoying.

"What the hell are you doing?!" Parker shouted, whipping her pillow at the door.

"Singing you awake, beautiful! Did it work?"

"Unfortunately.."

"We're wanted at Joe's by four. Unless you have other plans."

Parker waved her hand. "My family decided to spend Christmas in Hawaii."

"Without you?"

"Without me. I'm poor anyway, it's okay," Parker said with a shrug.

"I'll run you to Hawaii one day. Across the states and over the water!" Barry decided.

"Too early to be planning adventures."

"But, an adventure we will be going on today," Barry confessed, "It is snowing, my dear, that means we're going to build a snowman. Get up."

===

Parker was bundled up. So much so that only her eyes were visible. She waddled down the steps. Through the flurries of snow, Parker saw Barry's unimpressed stare.

"Really?" Barry asked, "Honey, it's only 27°.."

"Only?!" Parker shouted.

She debated running inside and grabbing more layers. Before she could, Barry took her arm and helped her down the front steps of her apartment, into three feet of white snow. Parker shivered, making Barry roll his eyes.

"Don't be a wimp it's not even that cold," he laughed.

Parker threw her body into his side, knocking him into the snow.

"Who do you think you're calling a wimp?" Parker grumbled.

"You think I'm a wimp? Whoever can stay in the snow the longest loses the title of The Wimp," Barry challenged.

He wiggled his body further into the snow. Parker fell back beside him, crossing her arms over her chest and closing her eyes.

"Oh, you're on, Allen."

It wasn't a surprise when Barry was the first to hop out of the snow.

He leaped up with a loud, "Holy shit, it's cold," and started shaking his body to rid the snow.

Parker yawned, having almost fallen asleep in the warmth of her layers. She pushed herself from the snow and stretched.

"Show off.." Barry muttered.

"Sore loser," she retorted, "Let's get dressed and head to Joe's. It's almost 3:30."

Parker and Barry trudged inside the lobby, shimmying out of their top layers and boots. Their arms were filled with their winter gear as they took the stairs up to her apartment. With exaggerated groans, they threw their wet clothes onto the floor of her apartment. The two went their separate ways to get ready for the Christmas Party.

Parker went with a pair of leggings and a Christmas pullover that said, 'Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas.' She applied light make up and ran her brush through her hair, loosening some of her curls.

"Looking good, Sylas," Barry complimented when they met at the front door.

"You could improve," Parker joked, pushing back a stray hair on his forehead.