Ring Exchange

Once off the train and back on the soil of their hometown, the four S.T.A.R. Labs workers split. Barry and Parker took a cab straight to the hospital. Cisco and Caitlin decided to get the wrath of Dr.Wells over with right at once.

It didn't take long for Barry and Parker to land a seat in an actual hospital room and not the waiting room. Apparently a severely injured shoulder was more important than the rest of the waiting patients.

Despite not being in the actual waiting room, the two had to patiently wait. As you might suspect, Parker and Barry aren't exactly known for their patience.

Barry stood and quietly walked to the Doctors cabinet, prying out four rubber gloves.

"Barry!" Parker hissed. "You can't!"

"I can," He insisted. "and I will."

To prove his recklessness, his cheeks puffed up with air and the rubber glove on his lips puffed up. With a smug smile, he let the glove go and it deflated, slamming into Parker's face.

She couldn't reach the cabinet, so she slipped off her shoe and whipped it at him. She didn't want to seem unprofessional if the Doctor decided to walk in, so she kept her other shoe on. Every balloon that hit her face made her scowl but she continued to keep her head held high.

Just as Barry released another balloon, the door creaked open.

A wave of fear washed over Parker and she grabbed the blown up gloves and her, shoving them under her thigh. She prayed the Doctor wouldn't make her stand.

Barry had slouched in his chair, stuffing what he had left of the gloves under his shirt.

"Hi, Dr. Evans! Hey. What's up?" Parker blurted out, panicking.

Dr.Evans glanced at her, saying nothing. "I believe the question is what's up with you, Ms.Sylas. Popped shoulder?"

"I fell. My friend popped it back into place and well.. I might have popped it out again?" she wondered, not knowing the answer.

Dr.Evans patted around her right shoulder, feeling the bump cautiously.

"I just need you to be more careful. You started with a dislocated shoulder and it's likely to happen multiple times if you aren't careful with it and give it the time to heal. If you repeatedly dislocate it, you could wind up with chronic instability."

Parker knew that term quite well. Years ago, when Derek had popped out his shoulder from baseball, he was almost diagnosed with chronic instability. "Gotcha. So how can I be more careful?"

"It's a given, but don't sleep on it. I can give you some medicine if you wish, to ease the pain. Do you have a sling?"

Parker shook her head. "No, on the medicine, and no on the sling."

"I'll give you a sling, then," Dr.Evans said. He scribbled something onto the clipboard. "I recommend icing it quite a bit. And do you have someone to stay with you for aid?"

"Uhh.." Parker hummed.

She definitely didn't want Iris in her house, she wasn't a good cleaner. Cisco would get annoying after about a day. Caitlin.. No way.

"I can, Park." Barry chimed, holding up his hand. He quickly added. "If you want me to."

Parker ran her hands down her thighs nervously. Did she really want him in her house all day/everyday? Even if it was for a certain amount of time and even if it was Barry freakin' Allen.. Could she handle that? She needed time alone for herself; she had a feeling he was going to fuss over her a lot.. But maybe she could use this as a test run for their relationship.