[CH.9]

A loud crash emitted from the windows as the wooden chair - to his horror, bounced back without making as much as a single crack on the glass.

The alpha ducked faster than he had thought he ever could, a yelp slipping out from his mouth as the chair crashed into the bed behind him.

Apparently it hadn't been enough with just the bars covering the windows, but the glass was also layered so thick that he'd have to spend days throwing things on it to make it break. Besides, that option would probably not work well either. And of course, if he did try to escape like that, it would give them enough time to come and stop him, which wasn't really that humorous for Hyunjin.

He'd rather not meet any of them again.

In fact, none of them had bothered to come back and Hyunjin was starting to get suspicious. He didn't want to see any of them, but they had something planned and he'd rather not just sit around and wait for their so-called "punishments". What kind of punishment was it even? It's not like he's a kid getting spanked!

The door stayed locked and no matter how many times he pulled the doorknob, nothing seemed to work. Kicking and punching the door only seemed to worsen his bruises and his shoulder still arched from the time when he had tried to break the door open. If he only had a hair pin, he'd be out here since long time ago.

Hyunjin stayed restless almost every day, always looking for something that would make it possible for him to escape but ending up yelling at the door and then laying on the floor while trying to calm down and not cry. That repeated almost every day until Hyunjin decided to spend most of his days staring at the roof instead.

He refused to touch the books, normally he would've read all of them at once by now, but he didn't feel like he was calm enough to even read in this situation. Who would even be calm when someone had kidnapped you?

What he hated the most was that they didn't even try to starve him or torture him. Meals somehow mysteriously showed up at the same times everyday and just before he could see where it came from, the plates often vanished into thin air or they were just there, placed on the desk or at the nightstand. He was beginning to suspect some kind of secret door somewhere, which is why he spent six hours glued to the wall trying to find any crack, but that was as hopeless as trying to break the windows.

It was silent for two days before Minho had outright barged into his room one morning, gently tapping his shoulder to wake him up.

Hyunjin had been quick to scramble away, almost falling off the bed in the process to put a distance between them. And Minho had laughed, he actually laughed as he watched Hyunjin collect himself, the raven flushing deeply while avoiding his gaze. Apparently Minho had been there to check on Hyunjin's wounds and see how he was feeling.

What an utterly ridiculous thing, wasn't it?

Hyunjin shook his head at the memory, sighing loudly as he got up to drag the chair back to the desk. This was useless, his attempts were all foolish and dumb. If he wanted to get out of here, he'd have to gain some of their trust in order to have a broader view of whatever they had planned for him.

Despite his thoughts about them, he'd have to at least do something so they would let him  out from this prison. If he could get access to the first floor in this manor, then he'd be able to see just how many ways out there were. That meant talking to them first, sadly.