Chapter 2

Jimin nearly slipped from his chair, but Jungkook only gripped his hand tighter under the table.

Jimin had racked his brain with a different kind of math. This was the beginning of his second trimester, at what he contemplated as 12 weeks. Nearly matching up with the beginning of the second school trimester, of his sophomore year, the year he was supposed to start making his life.
He glanced down at the worksheet. There was no way of getting this done with 23 minutes left, and definitely not as homework. These numbers were imaginary, and so were his answers.

The girls behind him whispering gossip in some other language have been giving him a headache ever since they came back from international club, and he couldn't blame them for having their special thing. The asshole sitting two tables to the left would have been making a joke out of himself by jamming his violin bow into other people and plucking it to make farting sounds, if it weren't for his violin. His special thing. And it was okay for his math partner on the other side of Jungkook to be slumped on the corner of the table, because it must have been a long morning at basketball practice.

Jimin grabbed his belly. The nausea was starting to surge back again and he only wished he could be asleep.

Jungkook dramatically grabbed his own belly, which got a huge laugh out of Jimin.

A hand appeared at the end of the table. The teacher hovered over for the second time this period. "Yoongi, wake up. Jungkook, now."

Jungkook had his hand on the table. Now, he began to scoop all of his stuff up into his lap and rise out of the chair. His doe eyes waited for the teacher to be summoned and walk away before he sat back down and grabbed Jimin's arm.

Jimin's feet pressed together. He smiled down. "I'm happy you're here for me, thank you for being here for me… You really should get to class…"

"Look, I'm in class, see."

Jimin gave him the stink eye. He honestly couldn't tell if it was jokingly or seriously angry at Jungkook.

Jungkook laughed. "So what are we doing tonight?"

"I don't know, baby." Hyun was probably going to sneak out anyway or just sit on Xbox. "Can tell you we're going to need some more Doritos though. A huge bag."

"Covered."

" -for me, not you."

Jungkook gave a guilty bunny smile.

Then Jimin put his head on Jungkook's shoulder, and Jungkook jokingly did the same thing on his free shoulder.
Jimin's tongue slipped out of his mouth. "Kookie, I want to stay up all night with you. Not like last time."

Jungkook gave a guilty smile and then stared off into space as he remembered having woken up on Jimin's bed to see that the movies were over, before walking around confused in search of Jimin and nearly getting himself caught by Jimin's omma getting her sleeping pants from the dryer. 

"Omma agreed to let me get The Notebook but it's only for one night."

"I was going to get that for our anniversary."

Jimin looked down. He started playing with Jungkook's fingers. "Well to be honest, I kind of wanted to go out somewhere. Nothing crazy, just out of the house. Especially since Junghyun will be home to drive us, you know?"

"Yeah, I knows." Jungkook sniffled. 

Jimin giggled and fell into the table. Jungkook went down with him and smooched him on the cheek. Jimin pulled his boyfriend's arms right around him. 

Jungkook said, "We should go to D-Town on Friday... My ma hoarded a shit ton of coupons from her Lotte catalog, all for you. And I can stop at IWC for my pa since she's been in my butt about lunar presents."