Chapter 4

His pudgy belly was swaddled by the pillow underneath him, while undoubtedly leaving a crater. His feet were getting slightly pudgy as well as they brushed back and forth on his headboard each time he giggled.
Jimin shoved a handful of Doritos into his mouth and slurped up all the cheese that was caked onto his lips. He had to force himself to chew his bite first before he could get more. For once the warmness going through his throat was curing everything. 
There was the comfort of not having to pause the show when his phone dinged, as he's seen House of Army many times, But it was the stress of stretching his cramped back in order to grab his phone off the end of his bed. Five missed messages, and a message request.
Jungkook: Do u want some dim sum after school
Jimin's tongue took a trip around his lips. He was literally drooling, his back broke in a cold sweat as he began swooning. Yes, yes. And Jungkook would bring him a drink, since he would get himself some banana milk from the smoothie shop.
Then Jimin saw Jungkook's other message: Also Taehyung and me are meeting for a project at 4 so I gotta come at either 3 or maybe after 6
Jimin replied: Kim Taehyung?
He hasn't talked to Taehyung in... Years, actually. Taehyung just got busy, Jimin assumed.
While Jimin waited for Jungkook's response, he hovered his thumb over the message from Hobi and the message request trying to decide which one to check first. The message from Omma could wait, she would just think that he was busy in class.
But wait.
 Taehyung couldn't make it to school, even one day a week, when Jimin was being forced. Taehyung couldn't hang out with Jimin. Taehyung couldn't even answer Jimin's messages. If Jimin were to check, the messages from last year would still be unread. Jimin was sure of it.
Jimin's thumb scrolled for at least 10 whole seconds, and, sure enough, the gray checkmark was taking up a whole 5 mm of his screen. Yet, JuNgKoOk could choose him as a partner and to do an entire project.
TaEHyUnG would focus on the project for five minutes, one more than JuNgKoOk could. And afterwards, Jungkook will take him to get smoothies because TaEHyUnG loves strawberry smoothies. That's why they were working together. That's where the shit comes together.
Jimin clenched his teeth. He was torn between blowing up Taehyung and throwing his phone out the window, until… his mouth fell open upon seeing a car pull up. He bounced off the bed and scrambled to find where the remote landed. He got the TV off just in time as he heard somebody close the car door. He ran downstairs and tried to look out the window.
There was a knock on the door. A peculiar voice called his name. It wasn't a family member or a teacher coming to bust him for having skipped again, but... His maths partner?
"Open the door."
Jimin snuck his way over. He tried to think what Yoongi would want as he opened the door. Then he realized he'd been annoying the shit out of Yoongi, constantly skipping school and losing their assignments, and had even one time spilled an entire energy drink all over Yoongi, last Friday in fact, and countless more reasons to bust Jim in out for missing school.
Yoongi said hi.
Jimin shut the door.
Yoongi's mouth flattened as he turned around and started walking back to the car. "I tried."
Screams came from the car. "Try harder!" The car door open and somebody ran to the door. A deep voice called for Jimin, which made Jimin crack the door open.
This guy at the door was definitely much older, and pretty familiar, particularly with his light hair.
"Come with us. We'll be done by 3. It's important."