Chapter 15

Sarah's POV
*Next day, after school*

"Hey Sarah." Charlotte walks up to my locker, her bag slung over her shoulder.
"Hey." I reply, closing my locker.
"Are we just waiting on Henry?" she asks.
"I think so." I answer.
"I feel kind of bad, I totally forgot to invite Jasper." I say.
"He'll live." Charlotte shrugs. I giggle.
"I can see how close you are." I say sarcastically. She makes a face at me.

"Heyy guys!" Henry comes running up to us. He seems somewhat hyper.
"S'up with you?" I say, glancing at him quizzically.
"I had a lot of sugar at lunch, okay?" he replies, looking annoyed.

Jasper walks over, bucket in hand.
"Check out my new bucket!" he exclaims, shoving it in my face.
"Um, that's a great bucket Jasper." I say. He grins.
"Thanks!" he says happily.

Just then, both mine and Henry's watches start beeping. We stare at each other, panicked.
"Uh, I have to go now." I say casually.
"Me too!" Henry adds.
"Well, bye!" Charlotte exclaims, turning and running out the door with us. We leave Jasper standing there, shocked.

We run to Junk 'N Stuff, and hurry into the elevator, down to the Man Cave.

"Hey guys." Ray greets us, dressed in costume. I nod my head in acknowledgement.

"What? Are you trying to be cool or something? With your, little head bob?" Henry asks me teasingly.
"Shut up!" I say, punching him lightly on the shoulder. He grins.
"Hey, you two wanna chill?" Charlotte asks. She raises one eyebrow at us. I smile.
"Sorry Char."

"Anyways." Ray clears his throat. We turn to look at him. "I called you guys here because the Terrific Two want another chat with us." I frown.

"They're kind of annoying." I say. Henry nods his head in agreement.

"Now look who's bobbing his head?" I say.
"Now look who needs to shut up." He retorts grinning cockily. I roll my eyes.
"Whatever." I mutter under my breath. Ray looks at us quizzically.

"What's up with you two? Do you have some issues you need to talk about?" He says sarcastically. Henry blushes and I look down at my shoes.
"Sorry." Henry mumbles. Ray stares at us for a few more seconds before moving on.

"As I was saying, we need to have a talk with your two favourite people." He says, looking at me. "So you'd better go get changed. And Charlotte, you might want to stay out of sight." He adds.
"And what if I want to listen in?" She demands.
"Video chat Henry secretly okay?"
"Fine." She answers.

Henry and I pull out our gum, and are quickly sporting our dashing uniforms.

"Hey, do you want a superhero name now that we all know each other's identities? Or do you still want to stay in the shadows?" Henry asks me. I look at him thoughtfully for a minute.
"I prefer the shadows actually. But feel free to call me 'Sparkly', it's kinda grown on me." I reply.

Just then, an alarm goes off.
"That's them. Charlotte you might wanna..." Ray says.
"I'm going!" Charlotte throws her arms up and walks through the sprocket. Henry sets up his phone secretly filming the monitors. He mutes the volume.
"Good to go?" Ray asks. Henry flashes him a thumbs up. Ray nods and accepts the video call.

"Captain Man." The guy superhero says as the two of them fill the screen.
"He's here." The woman adds solemnly. Ray's eyes widen in shock.
"Are you sure?"
"He's currently attacking the Swellview harbour." The man confirms.

"What on earth does he want with the the harbour? It's just filled with smelly boats and fish, and some annoying seagulls." I say. Henry grins at me.

"You know, you have a bit of a mouth." The man says to me.
"Sorry." I reply sarcastically. The man shrugs.
"I never said it was a bad thing, you'd be surprised how it can come in handy." He answers.