Lunch date

Two bags full of a sticky bun, a cup of a pumpkin spice latte with extra foam, sprinkled with cinnamon, and Lena's favourite drink, black coffee no sugar. Kara Danvers is well aware she will be lectured by her best friend if she walks into the CEO's office with just these foods as their lunch.

As the brunette often said, sticky buns are not for lunch.

Just breakfast.

That is why the blonde reporter made a stop at Jess's desk. The assistant grin when she saw the blonde.

A big bag of takeaway is neatly prepared on her desk.

"Grilled chicken salad and a hamburger as instructed.", Jess proudly stated.

Kara smiled. 'I know I can count on you, thank you!', she mouthed to the assistant.

The blonde doesn't remember when her friendship with the assistant started but her daily trip to L-Corp had made them quite close. Whenever Kara stop by at Lena's office while the CEO was still in a meeting or on an important work call, she would usually have a little talk with Jess.

Considering, how often they talked, it wasn't a surprise that they become close enough for the assistant to help Kara Danvers with a little errand.

Especially, if the errand help prevents Lena from being moody. The CEO can be a little hard to handle when she is a literal walking boom. Oh, how the assistant suffers last week when Lena Luthor told her to buy a flower shop and then told her to sell the shop 5 minutes after. Then, buy it again. Then, sell it again. The circle when round and round. 

That was when Lena thought Kara was mad at her for not replying to her text fast enough since the blonde suddenly disappeared in the middle of their conversation. 

Which, Jess quote, the blonde wasn't mad. She just fell asleep while texting.

Still lead the rich CEO to buy the flower shop...  because she can't help but gush over what a cutie her girlfriend is. Sleepy Kara Danvers still trying to text her even when she is so tired. Completely forgetting how the CEO almost goes insane waiting for the blonde to text back.

Tho Jess heard Kara made it up to the CEO by going on a date at the local aquarium.

Lena cames to work all smiley and hummed all day the next day, so, the assistant assumed the date must have gone well.

"She is free?", Kara asked the assistant as she point toward Lena's office.

To be honest, the CEO wasn't free, she has lots of work to do, reports to review, her schedule is cramped but Jess knew Lena Luthor would make herself free for the blonde reporter. 

"Her meeting just finished ten minutes ago, go in. She hasn't eaten anything since this morning. Just coffee.."

Kara furrowed her brows. She doesn't like that. Her best friend is truly a workaholic. 

"Noted. Thanks, Jess. I'll make sure she eats.", said the blonde.

She grabs the food on Jess's desk and walks into Lena's office.

Poking her head inside the office, the blonde reporter takes a peek at her gorgeous CEO friend. The brunette is sitting on her desk with her legs crossed. Her eyes are locked on the papers on her desk. Her hair is tied into a bun. 

Lena's left arm is rested on the desk while she put her right arm up using her elbow with a pen in her hand. She keeps ticking her pen on to this repetitive beat.

Tic. Tac. Tic. Tac.

Her brows are furrowed. How bad is the paperwork until the CEO had to furrow her brows like that? Kara wonder.

The blonde reporter takes a few minutes to stare at the unaware brunette.

Everything. From the shape of her eyes to her awesome fashion sense, her best friend is simply... Perfect. She deserves so much more than just... Well... A dorky nerdy Kryptonian like Kara.

At least, that's what our oblivious blonde thinks.

When Kara Danvers realized she may have stared at her best friend longer than a platonic friend should do, she instantly snapped out of it.

Shake her head a few times before furrowing her brows, then change her expression to her happy sunshine expression.

"I heard a certain someone hasn't eaten anything today.", Kara said in a teasing tone.

That voice, Lena knows that voice so well. She doesn't even need to look up from the paperwork in front of her. A grin immediately appears on her face.

"My favorite reporter."

Her whole face beam in happiness and excitement as she turns her head toward the blonde.

"The one and only. I'm at your service, my favorite filthy-rich CEO.", the hero of national city winked.

Somehow that has become their usual greeting. Lena Luthor would call the blonde her favorite reporter while the blonde will call Lena her favorite filthy-rich CEO. How did it all start? Well, that is a secret between these two.

"Miss Luthor, as a reporter, I must say, I didn't know there is an existence of a day where we can only drink coffee for the whole day. Care to enlighten me?"

Eye rolls, "Kara, come on... Paperwork day."

"Paperwork day is your everyday. There will always be paperwork after paperwork, Lee... It's okay to take a break, it's okay to slow down.", the reporter looks at the brunette with her puppy eyes.

She is genuinely concerned about the CEO.

"Well... I guess a few minutes break won't kill.", Lena finally gives in.

How can she not? Saying no to Kara Danvers is not something she can do, but of course, that is not something Lena Luthor wishes to change.

Kara made her way to the couches in front of Lena's desk.

"Good, I was worry I had to eat alone."

"In my office?", Lena raise one of her eyebrows. "That is something I can never allow, my dearest reporter."

Not to lie, at that exact moment, Kara had to bite her lower lips. The way her best friend said that with such confidence really almost made her blush. Such charisma... Wonder how someone as amazing as Lena could stay single, must be all the rumours about them.

Grinning ear to ear, Kara pat the spot next to her on the couch. Lena sigh. She knew very well her girlfriend just got it her way again.

In just a few seconds, the CEO made her way to the reporter.

Her eyebrows furrow when she saw the sticky buns on the table.

"Kara..."

"Hey, I have a hamburger and your favorite grilled chicken salad too!", Kara proudly lift bags of foods she got from Jess before she comes into the office.

Lena glared at the reporter with suspicion, still not convinced eating sticky buns for lunch is a good idea.

"I also have your favourite black coffee.", the reporter hand the hot coffee to her best friend.

The CEO looked at her girlfriend up and down, "No sugar?"

"No sugar."

For the second time today, Lena give in to the reporter again.  She grabbed the coffee and take a little sip.

"You're lucky I love you.", the CEO still glaring at the blonde.

Kara grin, "I know. I love you too, Lee."

Oh, you dumb reporter... If only you know...