Waiting

As Supergirl landed on Lena Luthor's balcony, she let out a loud sigh. This is it—her destruction end. Whether it is a few shot of Kryptonite, a handful scolding, or maybe another no more sweet punishment, she deserved it. Kara keeps reminding herself it is her fault. She should not have accepted the coffee offer. Man, she should have just drink coffee at Lena's. Her best friend has everything. Well, there is nothing she can do now. After all, what caught her attention wasn't the coffee, it is the companion.

In such a rush, Kara Danvers walks into the penthouse. Her eyes are roaming the place for the sight of the younger Luthor. As she walks passed the open-concept kitchen, she can see two plates of creamy shrimp risotto on the kitchen island, along with a bottle of wine and two Bordeaux glass. They were supposed to cook that dish together. Looking carefully at the food, Kara can feel teaser piling in her eyes. The food is still untouched.

Lena had waited for her.

The blonde continues to look at the living room. Just like what she had expected, the youngest Luthor is there. Lena is not pointing a gun at her tho the brunette is fast asleep on the couch. Pride and prejudice are playing on the television—Kara sigh. They supposed to watch that movie together after dinner.

Kara removes her red metal cape, gently she covers the youngest Luthor with the cloak. She smiles when Lena unconsciously snuggles into the mantle. The Kryptonian sit-down next to the brunette. Carefully, she lifts Lena's head and lays it on her lap. Kara Danvers runs her finger through the brunette's hair. Hoping the guilt swallowing her would go away bit by bit.

It didn't, but at least her heart calmed down. While her left-hand keeps playing with Lena's hair, her right-hand pulls out her phone and smoothly type in the password.

Four missed calls. Five texts. All from Lena Luthor. Kara sigh once again.

My Miss Luthor💓 (7:24 p.m): Are you on your way here?

(7: 38, p.m) Missed call from My Miss Luthor💓

My Miss Luthor💓 (7:45 p.m): Are you okay?

(8:02, p.m) Missed call from My Miss Luthor💓
(8:05, p.m) Missed call from My Miss Luthor 💓

My Miss Luthor💓 (8:15 p.m): I have cooked dinner. Are you still coming? 😣

My Miss Luthor💓 (8:20 p.m): Are you on Supergirl's mission again? Be careful; stay safe.

(8:57, p.m) Missed call from My Miss Luthor 💓

My Miss Luthor💓 (9:27 p.m): Text me once you finished with your mission, and if you hungry come over, I've saved a plate for you.

If Lena were awake, Kara would have hugged her, squeezed her, and lift her in the air. The blonde must have done something right in her previous life because even if she spent a lifetime doing goods, she still doesn't deserve to have someone as pure, selfless, and understanding as Lena Luthor in her life.

The brunette, on the other hand, deserve someone way better than her.

The real reason for why she feels annoyed when people say Lena is her girlfriend is, she feels like they are insulting the brunette. How can someone as amazing, kind, generous, loving, pretty, and perfect like Lena be with someone as clumsy and stupid as her? Honestly, for Kara Danvers, Lena Luthor deserves someone way better than her.

She needs to do something. If rumors about them keeping coming up, it would be hard for the brunette if she found someone she likes. Kara must do something.

The Kryptonian desperately wants Lena Luthor to be happy, to find someone she likes, to go on a date, and so on. Lena has done so much, not just for her but for the whole National City.

Kara cherishes her friend's cheek with her thumb. Her eyes admire the lovely curvy of her friend's lips. So delicious, so kissable-

No, no, no!

The blonde immediately erases the thought from her head. She can't think about that. She won't. They are best friends.

Sighing loudly, Kara rubs the back of her neck. A flash of a certain demigoddess smiling at her come into her head.  Maybe Diana can help... The Supergirl sigh. She can't possibly ask the Amazonian she just met to help her.

As the thought of Diana Prince come into her mind, Kara recalled the name card the demi-goddess gave her just a while back at the cafe.  She pulled out the little piece of paper from her pocket.

Kara smiled.

The way Diana Prince craved elegantly in gold letters and black background on the card scream Diana. It is something, so Diana-like. How did the Kryptonian know? She has no clue. She just does... Which is quite weird, but okay.

Supergirl slightly bites her lower lip. Mentally debating in her head, should she text Diana? Maybe? She stares at the clock on the wall—9:37 p.m. Surely, that is a little too late, but because they just talk with each other around 10 minutes ago, Diana Prince would still be awake.

Kara Danvers softly bite her lower lips. She is debating with herself if she should call the Amazonian.

Should I call her? Should I not? Maybe I should call her... Eh... Maybe no.

Well, it would be rude if she doesn't check on the goddess. What if something happens to Diana on her way home? As if that could ever happen. The blonde sigh.

Okay, she will just admit it now.

She just really wants to hear the goddess's voice.

As Kara was about to type in the number on her phone, she can feel her best friend sudden stir. She looks down, and she couldn't help but smile. Lena Luthor snuggles closer to her. Unconsciously, Kara finds her hand cherishing the brunette's cheek.

Maybe she should just call Diana tomorrow. The hero of National City leans her back against the couch. Her eyes feel heavier, she let her hand wonder and hold her best friend's hand. When their fingers are laced with each other, Kara let herself drift off to sleep.