Dating for sure

"Its okay, Kara. See you at seven."

Lena purposely waited for her girlfriend to hang up the call. She can't be the one who ends the call. It just so hard to do, whenever she is so close to pressing the end call button it aches her heart because her head would keep repeating 'just a second more, let me hear her voice a little longer' and she will follow the little voice in her head until she forgot that she needs to hang up the call.

They will just end up talking for hours about silly random things. Lena could still remember the night she had a nightmare about Lex, she had an inner debate about whether or not she should call Kara so late at night but man, she glad she decided to call the blonde. Turn out, Kara also couldn't sleep that night so they just talk. They talk and talk and talk and without realizing it, the sun has raised.

What really warms Lena's heart is despite the next day was awfully tiring, the knowing smile on her and her girlfriend's face, when they had lunch together, was worth it. It was as if they did something wrong and nobody but them two knows of it.

A little secret shared between the two.

Kara Danvers. Her sweet, loving, caring, and funny girlfriend. Everything a girl could ever dream of in a partner. The blonde reporter had swept her off her feet the first time she saw her.

It was love at first sight. A little impulsive but believe it or not, Lena had asked Kara out the first time they met. Oh, the CEO can still remember that day as if it had just happened yesterday.

When Clarke Kent come into her office with Kara Danvers, the youngest Luthor was enchanted! Sure, she never had feelings for anyone before, and sure, maybe she never dated anyone before, and yeah, maybe she is a little inexperienced about relationships but Lena knew in a heartbeat Kara Danvers is the one.

Maybe she had almost lost her chance to ask Kara out on their first meeting when she had failed to say anything and let the blonde reporter walk out of the door with Clarke Kent.

But!

Kara comes back.

'Ms. Danvers! Did you forget anything?', the young CEO tried to do her best to appear not so lighten up when the blonde reporter reenter her office.

The reporter is a little nervous. A lot nervous actually, Lena can tell that much from the way she keeps lacing her fingers together. Kara also keeps fixing her glasses and damn, she looks too cute.

'Ms. Luthor, I... I may be overstepping my boundaries here but... I believe in you. You're not just your last name.'

Surprised is an understatement. You're not just your last name. No one ever said that to a Luthor before. No, no one ever said that to Lena before. For the CEO, what Kara had said just sealed the deal.

She must get the girl.

'I... Thank you, Ms. Danvers.', Lena smiled, a little not so visible blush appear on her face.

As if her awesome personality and amazing words weren't enough, Kara Danvers had to strike her once again with her charming grin. Lena just skipped three heartbeats in a row!

'No problem, Ms. Luthor. I shall. Em... Go now.', Kata tried to excuse herself.

It's now or never, Lena knew it. She tried to clear her throat in order to regain her calm demeanor. After all, Lena Luthor refused to be seen so desperate. Inexperience but not desperate, well, maybe a little desperate... not that Kara needs to know that.

'Wait, Kara!'

Shit, the young CEO cursed in her head. Did she really just called a woman she met like 15 minutes ago by her first name? The same woman she is trying to impress. A fucking good start.

Luckily, Kara didn't mind it or maybe she didn't notice it, Lena prays for the latter.

'Hmm?'

'You know if you want... Maybe we can grab lunch together in the future?'

Lena stopped to look for any kind of reaction from the blonde reporter, Kara has this 'I'm a little confused' look on her face.

'You know... Just the two of us. Together. Getting to know each other maybe.', the young CEO added to make her intention clear.

Kara's brows were furrowed, it remains like that for a few seconds before slowly as more second passed her confused expression changed into a grin.

Those were the longest seconds in Lena's life.

'Sure, Lena. I would love that. So, tomorrow at one o'clock? If you're free, of course.'

The young CEO is not free, all her schedule for the week have been carefully planned since the beginning of the month, but, she will make time for it.

'I will pick you up at Catco... Or do you want to exchange phone number? You know just so I can tell you the address.'

And flirt with you on occasion. Lena didn't say the last part out loud but she sure as hell meant it. Kara immediately pulls out her smartphone and hand it over to the young CEO. In the best elegant way, Lena put in her number. She is tempted to save her number as 'Lena Luthor' with a big heart emoji in front and at the end of her name. Maybe too fast... She saved it as just 'Lena' in the end.

After saving her number, the L-Corp CEO press the call button. Not even a second passed before her phone in her drawer start ringing. Lena ended the call from Kara's phone.

She smiled and hand the phone over to Kara. She pretends not to notice the way their hand brush against each other for a brief moment. Lena pretends not to be disappointed when the blonde check her watch and a flash of panic can be seen on her face.

'I really have to go now, Lena. I will see you tomorrow.'

'Need to do your job, reporter Danvers?'

'Actually, I'm not a reporter.'.

Oh, she is not?

'Could have fooled me.',  Lena chuckled.

They went to their lunch date, a few dozen dates after that and since it almost three months that they have been going out with each other, Lena decided it is safe to call each other girlfriend.

Yes, Kara Danvers is her girlfriend.

Her awesome girlfriend.

Tho maybe she shows little to none interest in kissing or some other specific things but Lena can wait.

Or the fact that Kara doesn't want the public to know about their relationship, Lena can appreciate that. She has never been much of a PDA person anyway.

She is more than willing to go on Kara's pace in this relationship.

Shaking her head, Lena stop reminiscing the past. The CEO needs to plan what they are going to cooking tonight. Her girlfriend is coming over for dinner! Even better, they are going to cook together. Lena giggles.

Can't wait for tonight to come.