Shocking

"I DON'T GIVE A DAMN ABOUT WHO THEY ARE! SUE THEM ALL!!"

Lena Luthor screams through her phone. Her voice was so loud, Jess jumped in surprised. It was the first time the assistant heard her boss raise her voice.

On the other side of the phone was Vince Harrison, Lena's lawyer. He is a very capable lawyer and he has never once disappointed the youngest Luthor.

Although, it seems like this time would be the first. 

'But, Ms. Luthor-', the lawyer trying to explain his parts.

"I don't fucking care. Tell them if they don't take down all of that articles by today, I will burn them down and make sure no one, no one, remember their name."

Lena cut him off. The venom in her voice is so clear, Vince can feel Lena really meant it. Still, the lawyer has to stop her if doesn't, the hard work the CEO put in building her reputation will go in vain.

'Ms. Luthor, you have to understand. We can't do that...'

"I have the money, Vince. Do it.", Lena started to feel annoyed at him.

'It's not a matter of money, Ms. Luthor--'

And she ended the call.

Lena Luthor is furious and that is not something someone as patient as Lena can easily feel. Well, of course, unless it involved a certain stupid blonde.

This morning when she was reading the morning paper, she saw it. On the headline of all papers, 'Kara on a date with Diana Prince?'. Like hell, her girlfriend would ever cheat on her. These reporters are really crossing their line.  

Oh, poor Lena...

She looks at the crumpled newspaper on her desk. Lena was going to throw it away... but her girl looks so cute in the picture. It looks so real. The way Kara's eyes turn to this sun shape when she laughs, her dimples, her glasses... She has to admit, the press did a good job with the photoshop pictures.

Her teeth grind against each other when she saw the picture of Kara and Diana Prince holding hand. Her blood starts to boil again.

"Stupid reporters."

Lena remained silent for a few seconds.

"I take that back. Kara is also a reporter.", the CEO sighs.

Love is a heavy feeling. A single headline can make her want to shut down all the printing companies in Nasional City. 

The CEO sits down on her chair. Her head is starting to feel dizzy.

She used her fingers to massage the side of her forehead, trying to ease the pain.

"Are you alright, my favorite filthy rich and sexy CEO?", Kara Danvers's worries written on her face as she walks into her best friend's office.

Almost immediately, Lena gets up from her chair. She walks to the reporter and embraces the blonde in a tight hug.  If the blonde doesn't have a superpower she would be dying from how tight Lena was hugging her. 

The strong, confident, independent, Lena Luthor... She was... Shaking. It was as if she was afraid of something. So afraid. It was the first time, Kara Danvers see her friend in so much fear. 

She was not shaking when her life was on the line, she was not shaking when her helicopter almost clash. Lena never... 

Kara could not find the courage to push away her friend, instead, she hug the CEO back. She wrapped her arms around the petite woman. Trying her very best to comfort the CEO.

"I don't... I don't want to lose you, Kara Danvers.", Lena's voice was barely above a whisper.

If Kara didn't have her super hearing, she would have missed it.

Luckily, she didn't. The fear in Lena's voice was too overwhelming. She never wants to see Lena this scared ever again. She will make sure of that.

(Oh, Kara... if only you know.)

"Hey, I'm not going anywhere."

Kara tightens her embrace, making the CEO feel more secure. The blonde then gently lift Lena's face. Their eyes locked, gazing deeply into each other's soul.

"I am here and I am forever here. By your side. That is my promise for you."

Lena is not the type to believe in other people easily. She has trusted and been betrayed numerous times. She has learned her lesson over and over again but with Kara Danvers... She can't help but melt in her touch, melt in her words, she wants to believe everything that comes from the blonde. 

"Can I believe in you, my favorite reporter?"

A little hesitation can be sensed in her voice. 

What do you expect from someone who has been hurt too many times?

Kara grin. She leans in... and wiggle their noses together. She then slowly rest their forehead together.

"If I ever break it, I will spend my whole life to make it up to you, Lee. Trust me."

Lena smiled and she trust the blonde. She trusts her words so much that she doesn't care about the headlines.

The brunette buries her face into Kara's hug once again.

At that exact moment, a kiss would have been great to seal the deal but Lena is not one to push her girlfriend too much. She is fully willing to follow Kara's pace even if it is awfully slow. 

"Hey, Kara..."

Lena is feeling comfortable in the arms of her beloved.

"Yeah?"

Kara still gently rubbing Lena's back through their hug. The blonde really wanted to make her best friend feel better. It is a good thing the brunette stopped shaking tho.

Lena remained silent for a few seconds.

"Lee?", the reporter looks at her best friend.

Her brows furrowed in confusion.

The youngest Luthor shakes her head and then grins. The same business grin she used to the shareholder. One to hide her emotions and thoughts . 

"What do you think of someone who wanted to shut down all the printing companies in National City?"

Kara's eyes widen in surprise. What did her best friend just say? 

"What? Who would do that?"

There is no logical explanation why someone would want to shut down all the printing companies in Nasional City. Printing companies are an instrument of communication to the people of Nasional City. Kara just couldn't bring herself to find any reason to do such a thing.

As if she was caught red-handed, Lena Luthor slowly back away from their hug.

"Exactly! I don't even know who would do that..."

She is a little sweating and looks a little nervous.

"Ouch!", the CEO accidentally bum her desk.

A lot nervous

"Are you okay?", Kara started to be concerned once again.

Lena laughs awkwardly.

"Haha... I need to make a call."