Chapter 13: Feros: The Life Of A Geth-For-Nothing

Summary:

The team have quickly arrived at Feros, finding it under Geth assault. Assisting the colonists of Zhu's Hope, the squad must figure out just what feels so wrong about the place...

Chapter 13:

We headed past the down the stairs and along a corridor... We moved carefully, then I spotted movement on my motion sensor. We crouched and moved even more cautiously... I poked my head in a room and spied the Geth, 4 units... And two Krogan. Fuck.

I pulled out both a high explosive grenade and a flashbang... I pulled the pins and tossed them, leading to confusion. The Geth were obliterated, but the Krogan were only burned, still standing. They shook their heads, but I quickly blew one's brains out, and as the other charged me, I dodged and his head slammed into the wall. When he turned around, his head literally exploded. Tali pumped her shotgun, cooling it.

She was so badass and I found it really sexy... I nodded to her, giving her a two fingered salute. "Cheers love." I thanked her. She nodded back and moved to the transmitter. I searched the Krogan but found nothing. I stood up and saw Tali walking toward me with a purpose. She grabbed my arm and pulled me along as we walked out of the room at a brisk pace... "What? Tali, what's-" I cut off as the transmitter, and the room behind us, blew up.

I was quite shocked to say the least. "Sometimes brute force is the best way." she shrugged, definitely grinning at me. Well... Looks like she's taking a leaf from my book.

As we headed to the RZ, I spotted more Geth moving toward Shepard... "Fuck, come on!" I exclaimed. We ran up the stairs and turned, following them. I saw Shepard descending some stairs from some kind of upper area in Utilities... Tali and I got behind the Geth and opened fire. They quickly fell and Shepard turned to us, along with Wrex and Garrus.

He looked at the Geth, then us. "Well, thanks." he said to us and I just shrugged. "We've got one more valve left." he explained to us.

"Well, I guess we'll tag along." I said as we walked along a walkway. We reached the valve and turned it, the water flowing again. I then heard... Muttering. "Wait..." I held my hand up and carefully peeked around the corner...

A colonist...

He seemed to be in pain. "Voices! Voices in my head!" he exclaimed. "No!" he suddenly shouted. "No! I will... Resist! Outoutout!" he cried out, clutching his head. I put my rifle away and began to approach him slowly. I felt a tug on my shoulder and turned to see Tali looking up at me.

Her eyes averted from mine for a second. "Be careful... He could be dangerous..." she spoke in a hushed voice.

I nodded to her then, taking her hands in mine and smiling. "I'll be careful, don't worry." I promised her. She seemed satisfied with that answer and let me go. I approached him then. "Hey, you good man?" I asked him. His gaze snapped to me.

He spoke in a monotone voice. "Yes. Unlike you if you go down there..." he... Warned me, I guess?

I raised my eyebrow and cocked my head. "Down? Down where?" I asked him. "We're already in the tunnels..." I pointed out to him and he shook his head.

"No! Not... The tunnels are just... The beginning..." he managed, holding his head as if in great pain. "AHHHHH!" he cried out, crouching from the pain. "That all you got?" he asked, amused it seems...

I backed up slightly from him. "You're in a lot of pain... Anything we can do?" I asked him. He just looked up at me, grinning as he did.

He shook his head and stood back up. "M-maybe... But... Not... Here- AHHHHH!" he sobbed out... What the hell was wrong with this guy? "Can't... Stop it... You... Have to..." he said and cut off, a blank look adorning his face...