28. Youngjae

"Are you ready for our test next week?" You asked your bestfriend Youngjae as you walked out of your university. He shook his head. "Not really, I still have no idea what goes on in that class." He said, sighing. You put your arm around him. "I can help you, if you want. I don't have anymore classes today." "Well, I still do. I'll text you when it's over and we can meet in the front courtyard, okay?" You nodded. "What are you going to do while you wait for me?" He asked. You shrugged. "I don't know. Probably hang out with Jihoo." You said. Youngjae made a face hearing your boyfriend's name. "Why do you always make that face when I talk about my boyfriend?" You asked. "You know how I feel about him, (y/n). Even after what he did to you, you still date him." He saisd, somewhat sternly. You sighed. "I know, but he didn't really cheat, he just almost did." "He was going to kiss another girl!" "But he didn't!" "(Y/n), it's only a matter of time before he-" "Youngjae, I'm not going to talk about this. Just text me later." You patted his shoulder and walked away. A second later, your phone rang. "Oh, Jihoo, I was just thinking about you." You said, smiling. "Were you?" He chuckled. "What are you doing right now?" He asked. "Nothing." "Come to our spot. I want to see you." "Okay, I'll be right there." You hung up and walked to the other side of campus to see Jihoo sitting under the tree that you always sit under together. "Hey." You said. You went to kiss his lips, but he moved his face so you kissed his cheek. You were a little confused but ignored it. You both sat under the tree, his arm around you. Someting felt a little off about him though, he seemed more distant than usuall. You wanted to ask what was wrong but decided against it. For the next hour or so, you just sat talking and whatnot, then you checked the time. "I have to go." You said. "Where?" He asked. "I'm going to tutor Youngjae in the library." You said, forgetting that you were meeting in the courtyard. He pouted. "Why do you still hang out with him? You have me." You pinched his cheek. "Don't worry, you'll always be my number one. I'll see you later." Jihoo kissed your temple and you left. You were about to tgo to the library but remembered your original meeting spot. When you got to the courtyard, you saw Youngjae sitting at a table waiting for you. You sat across from him and smiled. "Are you ready to become as smart as me?" You asked. "I didn't know I could get dumber." You smacked his arm from across the table. "Hey! Who's the one tutoring?" After you got your laughs out, you got your books out and started helping Youngjae with his struggles. "Then what do I do?" He asked. "Easy, you just divide by sin47 and then find the square root, and that's your answer." Youngjae hummed and typed on his calculator. You waited for him to make the calculations and looked around. You scanned the other students studying or hanging out with friends until you saw something that stood out. "Jihoo?" You whispered. Youngjae was too absorbed in the math to hear you. You blinked a few times before realizing that you were seeing Jihoo sitting next to another girl, his arm around her. They were closer than you were to him earlier. You furrowed your eyebrows and froze when you sat him lean in and kiss her. You scoffed and stood up. "Hmm? Where are you going?" Youngjae asked. You didn't answer and walked over to Jihoo. He was smiling at the girl, when you got closer, he saw you and his smile fell. "(Y/n). I-I thought you were going to the library." He said. "And I thought you were my boyfriend." You said, crossing your arms. He sighed and stood up. He tounched your arm but you yanked it away. "Look, I wanted to tell you before, but I couldn't bring myself to, but I guess I'll tell you now. I want to break up." You felt your eyes start to water. "What?" "I just don't love you anymore. I found someone else, as you can see." He said quietly. "I'm sorry. We can still be friends, right?" He lightly punched your arm and grabbed the girls hand, walking away. You colapsed down onto the chair and sat there, tears rolling down your face. You were still trying to comprehend what just happened. You felt a hand on your shoulder but didn't bother looking. "(Y/n)?" Youngjae asked. "I saw what happened. Are you okay?" He sat next to you. "I just got dumped. What do you think?" You said. He sighed. "I told you he was no good." You looked at him. "Really? You're gonna bring that up?" "Sorry." After a few seconds, Youngjae wiped your face with his thumbs. "Hey, you don't need to cry. I don't want to see you cry over someone like him. He's not worth your tears. Anyguy who would be stupid enough to break your heart isn't worth it." He said, "What about you? Are you worth my tears?" You asked, out of curiosity. "Well I would never break your heart in the first place. You're way to precious to me." He said. You looked up at him. "Youngjae." "Do you know how much it pained me to see you with him? I could tell from the start that he was no good, I didn't want to see you get hurt. I wanted to be in his place instead so I could protect you and make sure you're happy." You paused for a second. "What are you trying to say?" "I like you. If you would give me a chance, I promise I'll mend your broken heart and make you happy." You smiled at his cheesiness. "Alright." You said, his eyes lit up. "Really?" "Why not? Honestly, I think I've always had feelings for you too." He suddenly hugged you. "Thank you. I'll make sure that you never get hurt again."