29. Daehyun

"Congratulations, you're having a boy." The doctor said as she pointed out on the ultrasound screen. Daehyun squeezed your hand and smiled. When you got home, you slowly sat down on the couch and took a deep breath. Daehyun sat next to you. "I'm so glad we're having a boy." He said. "I know, you wouldn't shut up about how much you wanted a boy." You said, laughing. Daehyun turned his body to face you and put his hand on your baby bump. "I can't believe there's a little me inside there." He said quietly. "Hey, you didn't make this baby by yourself." You said. "Yeah, I just did all the work." He said. You smacked his head playfully. "Oh shut up." You said. "Hey, the baby can hear you!" Daehyun said, putting his hands on the sides of your stomach. You giggled. "I'm going to go take a shower." You said. As you struggled to get up, you felt Daehyun's hands grabbed your wrists to help you. "Be careful babe." He said. You looked at him. "Be careful of what? I'm just standing." "I know, but, you never know." You just nodded. "Right." You dragged out. As you were showing, you sang quietly as you felt your baby kick a few times. You smiled. "You like when mommy sings to you, huh?" You turned the water off and pulled the curtain back to grab your towel. "I got it." You jumped and peaked your head out. "Daehyun! What are you doing in here?" You yelled. Daehyun handed your your towel and you wrapped it around your body. "I just wanted to make sure you got out of the shower okay." He said, grabbing your hand. You stepped out and looked at him. "I'm fine. You can get out now." Daehyun just smiled and walked out. You laughed to yourself and got dressed. When you walked out of the bathroom, Daehyun was sitting on your bed waiting for you. You just walked pasted him but felt him follow you. You slowly took the first step down the stairs to see if Daehyun was going to help you and sure enough he was. "Careful." He said. You didn't know what's gotten into him, so you wanted to mess with him. You pretend to miss a step and gasped. "(Y/n)!" Daehyun grabbed you and pulled your into his chest. All you could do was laugh. "(Y/n), why are you laughing?" "Because-" You took a breath. "-you're so protective, you should've seen your face." You wipped your tears and Daehyun slowly let go of you. "Why would you do that?" He asked. You chuckled. "I thought it would be funny." He furrowed his eyebrows. "Well it wasn't." You got your last chuckle out. "What's wrong?" "I'm worried about you and making sure that you're okay and you think it's a joke. Don't do that to me again. You scared me." He said, your eyes softened. "I'm sorry Daehyun." He sighed and hugged you. "I just want to make sure that you and the baby are okay. It's my job to protect you." "I'm sorry." You said again. "It's okay." He pulled away. "Are you hungry?" You nodded. "What do you want?" "Spaghetti." He made a face. "Oh." You smiled. "Or we could go to the Cheesecake Warehouse." "Now you're talking."