Chapter Seven || fine line

THE LOCKER ROOM is filled with chatter and the pungent smell of girly odor and expensive perfume

THE LOCKER ROOM is filled with chatter and the pungent smell of girly odor and expensive perfume. Sawyer and I are bundled in a tight corner, busy getting changed for our next lesson, which is PE.

While tying my shoes, I can't help but think about what happened in the past hour.

After Biology, we all made our way to the cafeteria, where the girls and I got our food. We sat down at a table Sawyer told me is their group's 'usual spot'.

"Ughh. I hate Xavier," Summer whines as she sits down opposite me.

"Why do you hate him today?" Sawyer questions the blonde, her tone telling me this happens regularly. "He's not as bad as you make him out to be and you kinda make it worse for yourself, no offense Sum."

"Well, for your information, Sawyer, today is the day he finally may have broken me down." Summer dramatically slumps in her chair, a small pout on her lips.

"Do tell," Eris chuckles beside me.

"He was annoying me in history, which isn't that unusual. But, and Adina can testify to this," Summer points to me, "he would not leave me alone for one second. He kept flicking me in the ear and laughing at me whenever I answered a question."

"Oh, I'm sorry, Sum." Bea empathizes, reaching to pat her hand.

"That's not even the worst part. Ohhhhh no, I had Chemistry with him last period, and of course, we're partners. When we were doing our experiment he just had to ruin it."

"What did he do?" Eris laughs at her annoyed expression.

"What did he not do? That's the question you should be asking. The experiment we were doing is like fifty percent of our grade for this semester, so it's pretty freakin' important. I told him, wanting to actually pass chemistry, that I'd do all the work."

"Let me guess, he messed it up somehow," Eris smirks as she puts her straw into her juice box.

"Oh, you know he did. He ended up putting in the wrong chemicals, and as soon as Mrs. Wilson saw the gigantic fuck up, let's just say she wasn't too happy. I got a forty-two. A freakin forty-two! My parents are gonna kill me."

"It's alright, Summer. I'm sure Mrs. Quinn will let you get some extra credit if you asked." Teagan soothes her, trying to hold back her laugh.