Chapter Sixteen || fuck it up

"HI," I hear a familiar voice murmuring behind me, interrupting me from getting my books from my locker

Before I can turn around to smile at the person, arms wrap around my torso, bringing me into a strong chest.

It's been one day since Vaughn and I kissed and I'm still freaking the fuck out. I can't get it out of my head.

After he asked me on the date, we went back inside to find all the girls getting ready to leave to go back to the house. I hugged Vaughn goodnight while he kissed me on the forehead before the girls and I walked the short distance back to the house.

Right when we got through the door I was bombarded with questions, and after calming people down, I told them everything that happened.

They all were really happy for us but I still reminded them that we're not even officially together.

A small smile creeps across my face. I turn around and put my bag down on the floor beside my locker. Vaughn grins at me, his hands moving to catch mine in his, holding them.

"Hi," I breathed, my voice barely above a whisper, taking in his appearance.

He's wearing his usual white dress shirt, a few buttons undone with the sleeves rolled up. A snake wraps around his left hand, the ink sinking into his pale, smooth skin and highlighting it.

Vaughn's not wearing his tie today, the first button undone. He's got his usual black, dress trousers that all the boys have to wear with their uniforms, but on him, they look better for some reason.

His hair is just the way I like it, messy with dark strands falling randomly on his face, which he often has to brush back.

From the short distance between us, I can clearly see the various colors that make up my favorite feature of his, his green eyes.

Near the pupil are small specs of gold, while in his left iris there is a small part that's a completely different color than the rest. A light brown, that I probably wouldn't have noticed if I hadn't been able to get this close.

He smirks, making me realize that he's caught me red-handed. But before I have time to think about my blushing cheeks, he starts to speak.

"I'll pick you up from your homeroom so we can walk to English together," Vaughn says as he tucks a stray strand that has gone loose from my ponytail. I nod, my smile still as present as ever.

"Have you done the French homework?" I ask, knowingly eyeing him up, he chuckles.

"Dina, you really think I'd actually do the homework this time?"