Chapter Nine || chaos

AFTER WE GET back from practice, I have a shower, getting rid of the sticky, sweaty feeling that has accumulated on my skin

AFTER WE GET back from practice, I have a shower, getting rid of the sticky, sweaty feeling that has accumulated on my skin. The hot water, almost boiling my skin, ran down my body, removing any of the dread or bad feelings I had about today.

While Sawyer went to have her shower and I got changed into comfortable grey sweats, a white tank, and a navy, oversized hoodie, I realized I hadn't checked my messages since last night.

When I grab my phone, opening my texts, I see that there are a few from Dad, two from Adrian, and another from Arden.

Arden's was to ask me to call her, which I did last night before I went to bed, so I just send a message telling her how good it was to hear her voice before moving on, pressing Dad's contact.

Dad: Hey Bambina, just checking to see how you're doing.

Dad: We're all missing you. Toni has already gone into your room looking for you. Text me when you see this.

Me: I'm good, first day wasn't too bad. Tell Antonio I miss him too <3

After typing up a response I exit our chat, not expecting an immediate reply. He's probably working and I don't particularly feel like having a deep conversation with him right now.

With him having sent me to boarding school still in the back of my mind, I don't think I can get over it so quickly. So I hit Adrian's name and look at what he had to say instead.

Adrian: Texting to see how you're doing.

Adrian: How's the roommate situation?

Me: Not as bad as I thought honestly, and I'm good. What's been happening at home?

The Read icon pops up almost immediately, and the bubbles indicating he's typing appear right before his text sends through.

Adrian: Antonio's been missing you like crazy. Can't say the same for myself :/

Me: Stfu

Adrian: I'm kidding... kinda. No, I am, give me a call when you're free. We both want to speak to you :))

Me: Yeah I will, dw. You both better come and visit me in a few weeks. Miss you guys.

Right after I hit send, the door to mine and Sawyer's room opens. I assume it's going to be Sawyer coming back from her shower, but four other girls follow behind her, flopping into random places across the room.