Chapter Seventeen || close

THE CLOCK CHIMES, telling me it's just past five in the afternoon

THE CLOCK CHIMES, telling me it's just past five in the afternoon. Sawyer, Bea, and I are sat in the living room on our phones, sometimes taking the time to talk to each other about random things.

When I arrived at the Academy, I thought I wouldn't be that close with my roommates but, since moving in and spending more time with the girls, it slowly became harder and harder to not to talk to them. I've learned a lot about them in the short few weeks I've been here. Like, for example; Sawyer.

Her Dad, Tyler Cameron, played in the NFL for over twenty years before retiring. He's recently become the Head Coach of some big-shot team that is set to win the NFL. It's also no wonder Sawyer is the way she is considering her mother played college-level soccer as well. She has an older brother, Reece, an older sister, Avery, and younger identical twin brothers, Eli and Evan.

Reece is twenty-two and goes to the University of Alabama, having gotten in with a full-ride sports scholarship. After he graduates, Reece is hoping to be drafted, like his father, into the NFL. Avery is nineteen and she goes to New York University, where she's studying to become a doctor. Eli and Evan have just turned fifteen and are freshmen at Caldwell Royal Academy, too. Sawyer says that she can't believe I haven't noticed the two identical freshmen giants that walk through the halls.

And then there are Bea's parents, who are the co-founders of a very well-known record company called Sparks Records, located in the heart of Hollywood, some of the biggest names of our generation are signed with them. She's an only child, so she loves coming back to school after a long vacation because she gets to spend all her time with her roommates. Her mother used to attend the Academy back in the day, and that's why Bea's family want her to travel so far away for school.

Eris's parents are Morena Blake, a fashion designer and model, and Richard Blake, a senator. My Mom worked with Morena many times, so I was already sort of familiar with Eris, as well as her older sister, Nova. From what I've heard in the media and Eris herself, she is just like her mother. A psychotic spoilt brat who gets whatever she wants.

Summer, however, comes from old money. Her great-great-grandfather or whatever was a well-known politician in Rhode Island. Summer doesn't like to talk about what his views were, and it's no wonder she doesn't. I searched him up the other week and let's just say he was an old, straight, white male who thought the whole world should fall at his feet. She has an older brother, Cole, who graduated from the Academy last year, and is now going to Yale and studying law. She also has a younger sister, Madison, or Maddie, who is thirteen. She goes to the Academy, but she's only in middle school, which is in a separate building from ours.

And finally, there is Teagan. Her mother, Deborah, is a successful author and her father, Stephen, is actually the COO of King Inc, Vaughn's Father's company. When Vaughn takes over as CEO, I believe it has been planned that Caspian will take over as COO for his father.