Thirty-Five

Maven

I awake with Mare's hands wrapped around my waist and her head on my chest.  My eyes flicker open once the light hits them I feel my watery eyes hiss.  Mare is smiling in her sleep once I regain my vision to see her.  She's so peaceful in sleep, when she isn't having nightmares of course.  I smile at the thought of her sleeping in my body, her breathing slow and she clings to me in her dreams. 

I lay in bed for a while, staring at the ceiling, letting my mind swim, Mare and I are engaged now, again.  The first time we'd been through the whole engaged thing was just to paint her face and bare my children, but now it's ending a war between the reds and silvers, with a red queen on the throne the reds will now have leverage, and mixed children will rule. 

Mixed children.  If Mare and I have children of course.  They will have red and silver blood.  The thought of Mare having my children makes my ears go pale.  It's early for that of course, both of us being 18 and learning how to rule.  Having children now would be rushed, who knows what the people would think, that we are scandalous because of actions?  I shouldn't think these thoughts now, it's not possible for Mare to be pregnant anyway, she's on birth control, that's what she told me.

She yawns in her sleep, I gaze at her head rested on my torso. Her eyes flicker open and she gazes up at me, her face breaks out into a smile.

"Morning Mavey," she says with her eyes glossed with water, she rubs them with her wrist before setting her hand back onto my chest.

"Morning gorgeous," I say groggily, my words make her face flush a deep red, u chuckle lightly.

"Did I wake you?" She asks me, her head fuzzled in my chest.

"No, did I wake you?" I ask her.

"No," she mumbles before sitting up and she yawns again.  I hate to admit it but her cat-like yawns are adorable. 

"Sleep well?" I ask as she finishes her yawn.  She nods before sitting next to me.

"Any plans for the day?"  She asks before resting her head in the crook of my neck.

"Just wedding plans, you?"

"I have Queens Training," she moans. 

"I can get you out of it," my words make her jump up.

"Get me out of my first day?" She says with puppy eyes. "You'd do that for me?"

"Of course I would," I scrunch my nose as I say that.

She smiles before she pulls her lips to mine softly, our lips play with each others for a moment before she pulls away in a giggle.