10

1 year later

"George." I cry, holding his hand.

"No." He sobs.

Paul, john and their newest friend Ringo take one last look at me and then leave the hospital room.

"George i love you." I whisper.

"Maddie no."

I run my hand theough his hair and look at him one last time.

"You have to go George. You have to move to London and leave me behind. I don't have much time left Geo-"

"Don't you say that. You don't know that. They're putting you in a coma until they know how to fix you and-"

"George let me talk."

He takes a deep breath and looks at me.

"They're putting me in a coma. They'll look for a way to cure me but...they might not be able to fix me in time George."

I sigh deeply.

"My life is basically over George."

"You don't know that!" He cries.

I know this is hard for him. It is for the both of us. But i need to say what needs to be said. I need to do this for his own sake.

"But that doesn't mean yours is. You're gonna make it big Geo. You, john, Paul and Ringo. Your music is gonna change the world and everyone's gonna know your names. And that's why you'll have to let go of me and move to London."

I bite my lip as hard as possible so that i don't cry.
I have to be strong.

"You'll move to London, become a big star, find a lovely girl, marry her and start your own family. You'll have to forget about me George."

He suddenly stops crying and meets my eyes.

"You are my family Maddie. How could i ever forget you?"

I look at the clock and notice that it's almost time.

"George we don't have long." I say.

He starts crying again.

"You're gonna do what i told you to do. You're gonna live your life."

He hugs me.

"It's unfair. I don't want all of that if you're not right by my side."

"Life's unfair Geo."

I hug him tightly and run my hands through his hair as he sobs into my chest.

A couple of doctors enter the room with sorrowful looks in their eyes.

It's time.

George looks up and notices the doctors.

"No! Maddie i love you so much! I love you Maddie!" He cries before kissing me one last time.

Memories of our time together flash before my eyes. Memories from when i first met him in Germany. How i took his virginity. How we fell in love.

"I love you too George."

Two of the doctors guide George out of the room while another places some sort of cap over my mouth and nose.

"Count down from 10 with me." The doctor says.

A gas starts to fill my lungs.

"3...2...1."

And then everything went dark.