Chapter 11 - Language of Hell

Clary, along with Simon as always in a stupid shirt walked towards Magnus' apartment.

The last time she was here was to ask questions about her lost memories or rather stolen memories. Now, she had a feeling of seeing it many times before.

Seeing Magnus' cat eyes and asking different questions about it and getting different answers back, although she knew it was due to her timely visit, in different stages of her life. Once when she just lost her milk teeth, once when she entered middle school to way back when she was just a year old. Clary also had vague flashes of a tall brown-haired woman in some moments but her face was blurry.

Leaning against the brick wall of the warehouse were two figures. Walking closer, she found an unknown person, way taller than Alec, who slowly uncurled from his position. He gave Simon a mere glance. "I didn't expect the mundane to come."

"And I didn't expect shadowhunters to be any more entitled," said Simon, jamming his hands into his pockets. "Yet here we are."

The other Shadowhunter let out a low whistle.

His black eyes were the darker shade of ebony with a mischievous glint eminent. The slight slant of his eyes showed his eastern roots with dark hair combed neatly. He was beautiful as an angel might be. The air around him felt electric, making Clary shudder.

He also noticed Clary's stare and said, " I don't think we've had the pleasure to be introduced before," he had an accent similar to Allison's, and extended his hand. "George Penhallow."

He was the other Investigator with Allison, Clary realized. "I'm Clary." She grasped his hand, which was rough and scarred, even more than Jace's, Alec's, and even Izzy's.

From what she's heard, Investigators are higher-ranking officials in the Clave.

A death squad, Jace had said. The best of the shadowhunters to bring down even an army when needed.

Though he didn't seem like a mercenary when he shook Simon's hand with a warm smile, not a single flicker of arrogance and sense of...entitlement like the others she met. 

"Do you know both know each other?" Clary asked him and Alec, since they were both in a deep conversation before and Alec was definitely not a person to open up so fast.

Alec shrugged. "I've known the Penhallows since I was a kid and we caught up a little." He gave George a small smile. "Besides, from what I've heard from Magnus, both Jace, as well as Allison, were brooding so I thought it would be nice to bring both of you."

"You and Allison are...friends?" Simon poked his nose in. Clary shot him a glare but George replied.

"Sure, I've known her since we were..." He thought for a while. "Since we were nine I guess."

"Kind of like you both," Alec added.

Simon tensed beside her and slung an arm around her waist. Clary started.

"Allison's your girlfriend then." He said somewhat smugly.

Alec only sighed deeply. Though George easily smirked and said, "Do ask Allison about this. I love seeing her horrified expression."

Alec heaved another theatrical sigh, shrugged, and led the way up the stairs. He unlocked the door to Magnus's apartment using a thin silver key, which he tucked back into the breast pocket of his jacket the moment he'd finished as if he hoped to keep his companions from seeing it.

~~~~~

The living room of Magnus' apartment, now had a round table in middle with seven high chairs around it. Each took a seat and there was a conversation among the boys about how these appeared.