Chapter 15 - Blood of Heaven and Hell

Meliorn led them from the Seelie Court and deposited them back in the park, all without speaking a single word. He turned away after they'd splashed out of the pond, without even a goodbye for Isabelle, and disappeared back into the wavering reflection of the moon.

"We'd better get back." Isabelle drew her still-wet coat closer around her shoulders. "Before we freeze to death."

"It's going to take forever to get back to Brooklyn," Clary said. "Maybe we should take a taxi."

"Or we could just go to the Institute," suggested Isabelle. At Jace's look, she said quickly, "No one's there any way they'd all be in the Bone City, looking for clues. It'll just take a second to stop by and grab your clothes, change into something dry. Besides, the Institute is still your home, Jace."

"It's fine," Jace said, to Isabelle's evident surprise. "There's something I need from my room there anyway."

"No," Allison said finally and tucked her hands into her pockets to conserve some remaining warmth. "We're going back to Magnus'. Especially us." She looked at Jace. "You are not supposed to leave his residence."

"Come on, we're just going back to the Institute. I'm not going to slip away and abduct drunk men in the alleys and rob them."

 "I'd never expected anything less."

"Seriously Investigator, let a little loose."

"We both are going to hail a cab and get back to Brooklyn. That's final."

"What did the Queen do?" 

Allison gave him a dark look, yet I'll tell you later underlaid it.

"We'll go to the Institute," Jace said, Do as I say and I'll let you.

The Morgenstern will betray you.

"Fine," she sniffed, "Then don't do anything shady."

With that being said, Clary finally said. "I might just grab a cab back with Simon."

Jace looked at her, eyebrows raised. "That might be a little difficult," he said, "seeing that he left already."

"He what?" Clary whirled around and stared. Simon was gone; the four of them were alone by the pond. She ran a little way up the hill and shouted his name. In the distance, she could just see him, striding purposefully away along the concrete path that led out of the park and onto the avenue. Clary called out to him again, but he didn't turn around.

"That definitely went well." Isabelle smiled at Allison. "Relationship lesson 101, never kiss the guy your boyfriend wants to do."

Jace glared at her, though there was a little amusement evident. "Is it a sin to be wanted by everyone?"

"Is it a sin to want you chucked inside that pond?" Allison gave him a pointed look.

"Seriously," He seemed offended. "Don't I even look like the guy of your dreams in even a way?"

Before she could chuck him into the pond, Jace went after Clary.

~~~~~

The Institute was deserted as Isabelle had said. The darkness cast long shadows along the hallway as they walked in, cold and wet. Silence emanated from the walls. As they walked towards the library, the shadows seemed far stiller than usual. As if catching their breath. Allison could only try to shrug off the eerie feeling that still radiated through her. The Seelie Queen entering her mind left behind a sick residual. She hated that someone had entered her mind and toyed with her deepest emotions. It made her disgusted.