"I can't swim Sapnap!" George cringed onto him for dear life. "Please go back." He whined.

"You'll be fine." The water was nearly to sapnaps collar bone. And since George was a bit shorter than him, the water would be more to his chin. "Let go," He said.

"I told you I can't swim."

Dream and Bad neared the shoreline. When dream saw George holding onto Sapnap, he felt his heart sink a bit. At least he was being cheered up.

George spotted Dream as Sapnap tried to peel him off of him. "Dream! Come here!" He yelled, what if he started drowning and embarrassed himself?

Thats when he felt the water rise, he started kicking around and screaming, or atleast he tried to through a mouth of water. "Sapnap! What the hell!" George started to panic which was never good in situations like this.

"You'll be okay. Just kick your legs and move your arms." He said as he treaded in the water.

When the other two saw Georges struggle, they started making they're way towards him.

His head went under a few times but his could manage to slightly keep himself up with his toe. "Sap-" His head went back under.

[a/n from future me, 4/8/21. what the fuck i hate this sm i am so sorry this is literal pure cringe I PROMISE it gets better soon]

"What the hell Sapnap?" Said Dream angrily as he held up George.

"I..I thought he was kidding! I'm sorry George. "

"Who would even joke about drowning? Could you not see him struggling to keep his head up?" Bad asked, keeping his voice calm.

"I dont know, I thought he was pulling a prank on me." Sapnap seemed genuinely sorry, but George didn't want to speak to him as he hitched onto Dreams shoulder with his face in the crook of his neck.

Dream felt upset. Mainly about the fact that George could've seriously drowned, but also because today was supposed to be a fun day. As Dream carried George back, he started to feel safer. He always felt safer when he was in Dreams arms.

Sapnap and Bad stayed back to collect their chairs and the cooler, that had gone unused during their trip. Dream wrapped his arm around George as they walked. "Dream..can we talk when we get home." Dream fell into Georges puppy dog brown eyes. "Of course." His voice was soft.

The trip to the beach to lunch wasn't very far, approximately 15 minutes. But it felt so much longer, the tension between the group felt awkward and uncomfortable. But when they arrived to a diner called gone by the name of "Patties." Everyone got cheerful and dried themselves.

"This looks nice." George said, it was all like earlier didn't happy. He was cheerful and glad to be there, and it showed through his smile.

A waitress, maybe a bit taller than George lead them to a booth. The booth was just enough to fit the four of them. Sapnap next to Bad, and Dream squished besides George.

"I'll be back to get your orders." The waitress left temporarily to serve another few booths.

"Does everyone know what they want?" Dream asked while they flipped through their menus.

"Yeah, I'm gonna get mashed potatoes and a few biscuits." Bad said, shutting the menu and setting in the middle of the oak table.

"Sapnap! Wanna share a steak?" George asked as he looked down at the menu. He guessed no one saw his surprised face due to the lack of confusion.

"Sure?" He said as he shut his menu.

After ordering all of their food, and a large steak for Sapnap and George, they made small talk whilst they ate. They mainly talked about favorite songs and YouTube video plans.

As George digged into his food, he didn't notice the arm that extended to his other shoulder.

Sapnap and Bad whispered about how cute they looked together, while George was completely oblivious.

"What're you two murmuring about?" Dream asked before he took a spoonful of soup in his mouth.

"Oh nothing." They both eyed his arm.

George looked up from the table and stared at them, "What?"

After a minute of silence he finally noticed the hand on his right shoulder, tracing a circle with his thumb.

"You two are so immature, there's no space in these booths for arm room." George said, but his face was dusted with blush. He looked like a tomato with how much he was blushing, but Dream didn't seem to notice.

He didn't notice because he was in the middle of a daydream, specifically a daydream about George. And how his chestnut hair glistened perfectly in the sun, or how he got butterflies everything he looked up to him with those chocolaty brown eyes.

"Thats why his thumb is moving in circles across your shoulder, right?" Bad laughed. The group always teased eachother so this was nothing out of the ordinary.

George ignored his comment, more focusing on Dream. "Dream, you good?" He asked, awaking him from his mini daydream.

"Yeah, sorry, I was just uh..thinking." His thumb continued the circular movements.

George giggled. "Alright."

He was in a way better mood than earlier and it made Dream feel happy, warm inside. He had gotten to see Georges beautiful smile more than once that day, and that was all he wanted.