Chapter Thirty Four

V I O L E T

"And, that's how the princess married the prince." I smiled at the sleepy little girl, and she smiled back.

"Another one, please!" She whined and I giggled.

"I already told you, time to sleep."

"But- Harry!" She said excited looking behind me. I turned around to face Harry, he was standing by the door showing his cute- I mean dimpled smile. "Tell me a story, please!" She begged him, and her cute puppy eyes won this time.

He chuckled and came behind me, I stood up and he sat beside her on the bed taking my place. I was walking out of the door and he started telling her the story.

"Well, it's about a girl and a boy who. . . Stutters," He said and I stopped my tracks. What is he going to tell her?

I turned around and he got her attention. "What does that mean, Curly?"

"It means he can't talk well. . . And, he moved to a new home in London, with his mother that he adores." He smiled then continued, "He didn't talk to anyone, but that changed when he met a girl."

"Is she beautiful?"

"Very."

"Like a princess?" She cut him off again and he nods.

"Actually, beautiful more than a princess."

"She teaches him how to talk, trust and. . . love again." My eyes went wide. Love? What does that suppose to mean?

"But he was afraid of getting hurt, again." Hurt again? What the heck was he talking about? "But, he was thinking about running away, from her, the world-"

"Why?" She asked frowning.

"So he could protect himself. He w-was selfish." He sighed. "But he realized that running away isn't the answer, now all he wants is for her to forgive him and. . . To give him a chance because she's all he has got, and she has changed him to b-best, made me talk normal, trust people and live again." He stopped and smiled at the sleeping girl that was lying next to him on the bed.

"She's my life, Sara," He said before kissing her forehead and tugging her in. I walked downstairs and sat on the couch, shocked.

He was talking about. . . Us?

Did I change his life? He was the one to change my life, make me explore new things and feel new things I've never felt before.

I heard his foot on stairs, and I stood up collecting Sara's toys that were all across the living room floor. I got the box of her toys and started putting them there.

"Oh," Harry came next to me, bending down to the floor and putting her dolls and stuff in the box. "L-Let me help you."

"Oh, you don't have too," I said smiling, but he didn't listen anyway. After we were finished I sighed and we stood up. "Thank you." He smiled.

"For what?" 

"For everything," I whispered and he  smiled wider. "I mean for helping me today, it was. . . Fun," I said louder this time and he frowned for a second.

"I'm sorry."

"For what?"

"Everything?" I was confused and he noticed, "Sorry for playing with your feelings, although every word I said was true and I never meant to hurt you, o-or to make you hate me-"

"I don't hate you, and I never will," I cut him off. How could he think that? I'll never hate him, I think I might- no, I'm sure that I'm addicted to him. Like a drug, and I'm attached to him.

"Glad to know that," He said chuckling. I smiled at him.

"Can I ask you something?" He nodded. "Was the story you were telling Sara. . . True?"

"You heard." I nodded looking at my hands.

"I will explain."

"I'm hearing you, Harry." I sat on the couch and patted next to me for him to sit down. "Talk."

"Before I move here, I had a girlfriend." I could see where this going.

He was hurt, by her. That's why he can't open up to anyone or move on. I think she broke his heart. He looked at his hands and sighed.

"I loved her so much, we dated for two years." He smiled. "She was so beautiful and kind, she was my everything. But then, one day she broke up with me."

"Why?" I frowned and he wasn't looking at me all this time.

"She said she hates it when I stutter," He said and I could tell that he was holding his tears from his voice. I wanted to hug him already.

"I'm so sorry."

"But I was sure that wasn't the reason. I mean how could you hate something in someone a-after spending with them so much time." True, I mean I love the way he talks and do everything. It's part of whom he is.

"Then she kind of. . . Disappeared." I frowned. "I didn't see her at school or anywhere. She didn't even return my calls or texts. I got worried and I went to her house, she wasn't even there and her parents couldn't let me in or even see her."

"Did she block you out?" He nodded. "But where was she? You said she wasn't anywhere."

"In the hospital." My eyes went wide, I was shocked.

"What? Why? Did she got in an accide-"

"She had cancer." I was more shocked by now. I wanted to cry. "She blocked me out because she knew she was going to die, and she knew I loved her so much that I'd give her my life. S-She thought i-if she told me, she'd break me." He sighed.

I know now why he's scared.

"When I knew, I told her I-I'll never leave her and, She'll get through it. But. . . I was wrong." He looked up at me and his eyes were red.

When I put my hand on his cheek caressing it, his tears fell down slowly when he closed his eyes and leaned against my hand. I felt the hot tears run on my cheeks too.

I felt his pain, and I hated it.

He opened his eyes and took a breath, "She died."

Uh oh... now we all know why he was pushing her away. I almost cried while writing this, to be honest. Hope you liked it!

Please, comment and vote! love you xx