Chapter Fourty One

V I O L E T

Basing back and forth, feeling nervous and very mad. I don't want to go to any parties, I hated the first one I attended. It almost ruined my relationship with Harry. Yes, we weren't dating, but I don't know I felt like our friendship is over.

I sighed and opened my closet to decide what would I wear, but I'm not in the mood. My mum is back so I guess I should spend more time with her now, I miss her.

And an idea clicked into my mind. Why don't I text Elle telling her that? And that's what I did. I got my phone and send her a text,

'Hey Elles, I can't go with you tonight! My mum is back, so... have fun! x'

I smiled at my smart idea, I walked out of my room and went downstairs. I saw mum talking on the phone, I waited for her until she was finished with it and she smiled.

"Well, hello beautiful." She opened her arms for me. I went for a huge hug and smiled. I sighed happily to have her back. "I missed you," She said kissing my forehead.

"I missed you more, mother." I backed away to look at her. She smirked and that smirk means she has something that will annoy me has to be said.

"So... How's Harry?" I groaned and sat on the chair. She did the same but sat across me and mocked me by groaning like me.

"Mum, I know you know."

"What do I know that you know?" She winked. God, sometimes I feel like she's my sister. I mean she's not very old, but also not so young. But she makes me feel like she's just a teenager girl like me.

That's what I love the most about her, and she's all I got after dad.

"Please, stop confusing me." She laughed and nodded.

"Okay, okay. Sorry." I smiled. "And yes, I do know about you and Harry."

"I know what you'll say-"

"Ha! I told you so." I laughed and shook my head. "Well, I said it in my head every time I saw you two."

After a short silence. "How?"

"How what, darling?"

"How did you know before anything happened?"

"I knew it the moment you opened the door for them. How your eyes met, how you kept looking at each other." I was shocked. "Both of you like to draw, and you showed him your drawings, Violet." She finished smiling. My eyes were wide and she laughed at my expression. 

"How did you know?"I asked surprised.

"I'm not stupid. I see a lot of things you don't see, young lady."

"Like what?" I challenged her smirking

"Like... Violet James, I think you're falling for Harry Styles." I nervously laughed and she shook her.

She doesn't know everything, of course, I'm not falling for him. I mean I've known him for what? A year and a month? I mean time flies by so fast.

"Wow, you're counting." Shoot! Did I think that out loud?

"Yes, darling you did." She laughed. "Now, stop saying what you're thinking, love."

"It's not true-" The doorbell and the knocking cut me off. "Coming!" I said and  opened the door to see Elle. She hugged me and I hugged her back, then she went to mum and hugged her as well.

"Welcome back, Mrs James."

"Thanks, Elle. It's always nice seeing you."

"Thanks," She smiled at mum, then turned to me, "So are you ready?"