1.4

Eddie's Time Apart from The Losers

Eddie Kaspbrak spent the first 2 days after the event at Neibolt resulting in his broken arm in the hospital. His mother Sonia made sure they did every test they knew to make sure he didn't have anything else wrong with him. Once all the testing came back stating that he was fine, they went home.

The first few days after were uneventful, but then Mrs. Kaspbrak saw an odd shift in Eddie. He had stopped taking some of his medicine and was staying awake way past unreasonable. When questioned about it, Eddie just closed off even further.

"Just can't sleep mom. 'Mfine.", the young teen would tell her blankly before turning away from her. But Sonia knew Eddie wasn't fine, and she knew this went beyond sleep deprivation. She gave him another day to relax, to see if this would fade, but when he remained the same, she had to do something.

For two weeks, his mother made Eddie go see numerous doctors, psychiatrists, and therapists. Each time they saw him, they just told Sonia this was normal teenage rebellion. That it was to be expected. She wasn't so sure that it was. She knew her son. Her Eddie wouldn't do this normally. So she decided to question Eddie on her own. But all she got were more short and vague answers.

To Eddie this just pissed him off. He didn't want or need people poking and prodding at him, because no one would believe the truth. They would all think he was crazy. Hell, he wasn't even sure he wasn't crazy. And all these thoughts just kept irritating his anger and pushing his emotions. He wasn't a normally angry person, but seeing what he's seen has made him spiral. No one, not even Eddie himself knew he was a ticking time bomb, just waiting to explode.

The mother and son duo were on their way home from the latest therapy appointment and Eddie was staring out of the window emotionless and Sonia was trying to talk to him once again.

"Eddie, you can't leave the house except to go get your medicine when I can't until you are better." the big woman told her son dramatically. Eddie said nothing, just looked down and fiddled with his fingers. He honestly wasn't paying attention to anything his mom was lecturing about. The only thing he could focus on was what happened back at the Neibolt House. There was no way that what he saw was real. It couldn't be. He could still see her broken unconscious form being carried in bridle-style by Richie. He could still hear the weak scream that was forced out when she landed on the pile of wood.

He didn't even get to say anything to Lorie, and her form flying through the air was the only thing playing in his mind. He didn't even know what to think, all this time he actually thought she was dead. There was logically no way she could have survived this long like she was, especially with her captor being what he was. It didn't make sense, and messed with his emotions so much that his mind was becoming hazy. He was even more upset because he didn't even get to really talk about it with everyone, and he didn't get a chance to check on Richie. He remembers every detail of that event too vividly to be fake, yet he couldn't bring himself to fully accept it as reality.