Waves of Memoir

Ps. Typographical errors ahead
——————————————————

'Why is it too soon?’

Dahan-dahang binabaybay niya ang dalampasigan habang inuusig ng iisang tanong ang kanyang isipan. Well, guess this really must be life. The moment you think it's all going so well, just then it would betray you and tell you that you don’t deserve a happy one then turn its back. Pity.

Once upon a time, when life still wasn’t a bitch to her, she had everything going well. Akala niya ay wala nang makasisira pa sa magandang buhay niya. She grew up in a lovey home. Hindi naman sila mayaman, but her parents made enough money to send her off to a good university. She graduated with Latin honors yet later on decided that she wanted to be a model and she did! In fact, she was one of the most sought after in that field in Australia. Kulang nalang yata ay magkapamilya siya and by then, she’d already be contented in life.

It’s good to be back.

‘I guess.’

I missed this, I missed the sea.

‘You’re back, Lisa.’ She convinced herself.

‘I should enjoy my time here. I don’t have much…’

‘Ah!’ She would’ve shouted already if only she was alone. Things back then were simple for her and she was happy, but of course there was no such thing as a perfect life. She was bound to encounter challenges—seemingly, she had the hardest or atleast that’s what she thinks so.

From another man’s perpective, she looked like a normal lady enjoying the ocean view and listening to the rustling sound of the waves and watching the sun disappear into the horizon—maybe. A perfect scenery was laid in front of her but as much as she wanted to enjoy, her mind was busy wandering off.

Mr. Jeon?” a voice tried to call his attention, only until then was he able to tear off his sight from the lady near the shore.

Y-yes,” sagot niya pabalik, finally snapping out of distraction. “It was also nice doing business with you Mr. Nakamoto” he added as he reached for a handshake.

The pleasure is mine, Mr. Jeon Jungkook.

Enjoy your stay in my resort, and please, do enjoy the dinner I’ve prepared for you and your wife,” he said as he parted with the new client.

The big smile plastered in his face finally replaced by a smirk. He did not even sweat and got the deal done in just a day. He just set a new record for himself!

After a few ring, his brother finally picked up.

Bro, guess what?” Of course there was no way his brother would not know why he called.

What is it? Don’t tell me you got another woman barging into your condo claiming you’re going to be a father,” Taehyung, his brother, answered nonchalantly.

Saglit na sumama ang mukha ni Jungkook nang marinig ang kapatid, “What? No—I mean, yes there was, but that’s not the reason why I called you. You can’t ruin my day brother. I just closed the deal with Mr. Nakamoto,” he bragged.

Uh huh. Congrats. I’m hanging up kuya. I’ve still got tons of paperworks. I’ll be at the resort by tomorrow afternoon.” Taehyung then hung up the phone. He was too preoccupied at the moment to even entertain his brother’s childish acts.