The End

A decade later, he opens his journal, skims through it, and reads:

I opened my eyes and everything was white. Where am I? I asked as I looked around. I was about to stand but - I didn't even notice the hospital wires on me.

Then a door opened.

"He's awake," said the nurse. "You're alive."

"Where is she?"

I then loses consciousness as everything went black.

Few days passed. I was back in the house. I stood outside in the front gate. A police escort and a nurse was with me. I thought of it - it all started with the prank bells and the rest was history.

I opened the gate.

Meow.

"Are they still open for adoption?" The nurse joked that day. I said no to her, saying I never thought I'd live. I love Milo and Bella.

When I posted the confidential information to public, I included a cat for adoption and that there were two bodies in my bunker.

The police got the bodies later on.

On the confidential info, the police tried to cover up the scandal, but the information spread like fire. 

There's a massacre.

There's a revelation.

It slowly brought down the evil organization. 

The businessman's close partners tried to escape but they caught them. They're on trial with no bail. Few years after, the syndicate became an old story. That was how it ended.

The actions of two persons rippled.

The president awarded him and her. Though the award didn't matter to him. At the very least… Justice is served even in an unlikely way. 

He closes the journal. He sighs. He now lives in a province with neighbours. He contributes with the community. He also marries a woman he met few years after the incident and has two kids. But he will never be able to forget her. He will always be in his heart. He loves his current family, of course. A tear drops to the journal. He sighs and smiles.

There's still a future ahead he has to live.

He chose to give his best to live the life he owes to her. 

The door opens.

He smiles. "There you are." He pulls his son up and kisses his forehead. The kid giggles. He looks behind at the journal again before he leaves the room. Thank you.

The end