Seeds In The Heart

She leans on his arm, saying she missed him, and coils her arm to his.

He glances at her, feeling a tequila mix of emotions - good, anxious, and bewildered at the same time. He sighs and tries to simply enjoy her warmth. It's weird. He hadn't such human physical contact since.

"You surprised me."

"No," he says, "You surprised me." He turns the car to a U-turn. He glances again at the gps map.

"Why did you make such basement? No, that was no basement. It was a bunker."

He turns on the music.

She smiles. "Your tastes haven't changed."

"We die with our habits." He looks at her. "Tell me. Who are the people chasing you? Tell me all. For past sake, I'm helping you. But that will now end if you don't -"

"You don't have to give an ultimatum."

"Two guys just died in my house."

She looks at him. "You know Ed Salvador."

Ed Salvador is an ex-mafia and became a businessman. He's one of the lucky few who survived. No one is supposed to escape the mafia life alive.

Her mission was to spy on several politicians and she found out one of them is Salvador's puppet. Before she had the evidence, they happened to discover she's a spy and was targeted.

His parents died for that reason.

Not only has her sudden arrival made him happy, a seed of revenge is implanted with his heart. No one will ever know that someday the seed will grow - and as what they said: revenge creates two burrows. And uncertainty creates space.

He looks at her. Her eyes are close. But deep in his thoughts. He isn't willing to identify with it, but within him, there's also that seed of blaming.

Like any seeds they either die or grow.

He drives the car into the underground parking lot of the hotel. "We've arrived." He looks at her. How can she sleep on my arm? He sighs, puts his head on top of hers, and smells her. Same old shampoo.

After awhile, she moves a bit. "You're heavy."

He look at her in a weird way.

"What?"

He looks at her then at his arm, raising it at the same time, and smirks.

"I'm heavier? I'm fat?"

"Aha." He says. "You said that yourself." He laughs.

"Shut up." She looks through the window. "Please book a room for us two. I have been changing places regularly. Better minimal exposure for me."

"Guess what." He grabs the key, puts it in his pocket, and opens the door. "I'm the new booker."

She laughs. "No, that's not how I see it." She laughs. "Silly."

Few minutes later, he opens the door. "Look at her." He smiles. "So excited."

She jumps on the bed. "This is the best." She glances. "Where are you going?"

"Will be back." He puts the extra key on the table and leaves. He walks back to the car, sits on the driver seat, and levels it so he can lie." He looks at the mirror. "What are you going to do now, Henry?"

Option 1: Find the killers of his love ones - the one targeting her.
Option 2: Be back in the house, and live there the rest of his waking life.

He sighs. The bodies. He should burn the house in the future. The cats should be okay for the next few days. He shakes his head and sighs. She's different. She seems to have changed.

No use thinking.

He arrives back to an empty room. The key is gone too. He just walks and sits on the bed.

There's a scream outside.