Christmas Special

Start from the beginning

"Well that won't do. Let's go." He said grabbing her hand and pulling her up.

"Where are we going? Let me go! I don't even know who you are!"

"To teach you about Christmas!" He said as if it should've been obvious. He stopped once the exited the building.

He turned and gave her a bright smile. "The name's Meliodas."

"A..Adelina."

He began tugging her down the street.

"Meliodas this is fine and all but I didn't even get to eat!"

They spent the next ten years together. There was nothing romantic about their relationship. It was more like a twin sort of thing. Meliodas and Adelina were almost always on the same wavelength. It almost helped dull the ache of her missing king.  Almost.

This was before they got separated though. Nothing bad occurred. Adelina got chased out of town by some hunters. Meliodas held them back to allow her to escape. They didn't cross paths again until after her and Ban's escape from Baste prison.

"When I saw you at Baste, you made no action that indicated you remembered me. I figured you had forgotten." She said softly.

"I remember how much you loved Christmas after I showed you what it was..I thought maybe celebrating it..and earning money to help rebuild would help you keep your mind off of things."

He heaved a sigh as he stood. "Keeping busy has always been your way to cope whether you'll admit it to yourself or not. But we're going to moderate it. I don't want you to neglect your own health. If you start feeling yourself slip into a state that you don't feel comfortable in..don't ignore it."

It was different seeing this side of Meliodas. It was almost a perfect mix of the man he is now and the demon he once was.

Yes, Adelina was fully aware of Meliodas' background. She had only witnessed it twice. In Vaizel, and in their time together four hundred years ago.

It was once again a Christmas. A man tried to steal her away for her wings. Meliodas...didn't take well to it.

That side of him made her uneasy..scared, yet protected. She was more scared for him then of him. She could tell that side of him, had caused him pain.

When Meliodas became serious, like he was now. She caught a glimpse of that side of him. It wasn't apparent, like a marking or black eyes. It was just an aura about him. That protective aura.

"Just don't hide it anymore Adelina. Come talk to me. Or to Ban. Or King. Any of us. We'll help you out okay?"

She smiled softly at him and stood up, flattening her skirt. "Of course Meli." She adjusted her hat and grapped a roll of wrapping paper.

"We don't open for another three hours. King is outside with Ban training. Would you like to help me?"

He gave a relaxed smile, sticking his hands in his pockets. "Yeah. Why not."

They laughed and spoke happily with each other. Taking breaks ever so often when Adelina felt a bit of darkness creeping through the edges of her mind.

It was okay that she wasn't okay at the moment. But Meliodas, King, Elizabeth, Ban, everyone, was slowly showing her how to piece herself back together and how to make peace with her past.

Meliodas leaned back with a bow on his forehead, watching his friend happily as she hummed Christmas songs to herself as she wrapped the presents for potential customers.

He was happy that she did remember. He hadn't thought she did. He knew all the trouble she had gone through, and thought maybe she blocked him out after he never tried to find her.

This is a good thing. He thought to himself. He looked out the window and furrowed his brow. But something is coming.

He looked back to the ginger who was swearing to herself about a papercut. He let the smile slip back onto his face and sat back up, grabbing a bow and placing it on the present she had just wrapped.

Whatever it is. It can wait. We deserve it.

"Merry Christmas Ad."

"Merry Christmas Meli."

Word Count: 1181

A/N: Sorry I know I only ever put out like a chapter than disappear forever. But I hope you enjoy these two new chapters. I wanted to show some relationships she has/has formed with other people other than King or Ban! Enjoy!