Fulfilling A Promise

Adelina sunk to her knees as blood dribbled from the corners of her mouth.

"Adelina made you a promise many years ago Helbram, but I made you one as well seven hundred years ago." King spoke quietly. The injured female fairy felt her ears twitch at the mention of her name and she looked on in confusion.

"It's time we fulfill it." The king finished.

"C'mon, you're this upset over mega cutie and half pint stick in the mud who refuses to die down there?" Helbram said with a smirk and his opponent grit his teeth.

"Diane is my best friend Helbram. I will protect her with my life as she would for me. You should also know by now-" He swiped his hand sending Chastiefol forward, it slicing along Helbram's cheek.

"-I would stop at nothing to protect Adelina. Even if it costs me my life, I would make sure she is safe."

Adelina's ears lowered as tears streamed down her face again. She sniffled as black began entering the edges of her vision. She shook her head softly, trying to keep herself awake.

She crawled forward to lay her hands on the dome of green. "I have to heal quicker. I need to help him." She whispered softly to herself.

I wonder...I've never tried it but..maybe..

The fairy pressed hard against the dome, grunting slightly in pain.

"C'mon...C'mon...for Harlequin..for Diane..." She grit her teeth more as little threads of moss began spreading over the surface. A single tear dropped down her cheek

"For all the sins. For Elizabeth and Hawk. Those who welcomed me with open arms after all the years I've spent alone!!" She exclaimed as she watched her king and old friend fight to the death.

"Adelina..you're going to kill yourself if you keep at it. I can barely sense your power levels!" Howzer snapped at her trying to pull her away.

"No! Even if I die I have to do this!" She wrestled away and pressed her hand on the surface.

"It isn't much moss but maybe this will help." She whispered to herself. She leaned closer and kissed it. A blinding light omitted from it and she was shot back by a surge of magical energy.

Howzer caught her and she looked on in awe at the soft green lights dancing around the dome, following the thin lines of moss.

"Combined Skill.." She uttered in disbelief and Harlequin turned around, his amber eyes widening in shock and awe.

"The Divine Sacred Tree..." He breathed out.

Adelina was sitting in front of her mother, Harlequin by her side.

"Wait so mommy, you have imprisoleymen just like I do?" Young Adelina asked. She had just recently met Harlequin, and had just recently gotten her wings as well.

The fairy's mother laughed at her mispronunciation. "It's Imprisonment dear, and yes I did. I will teach you all about it. Maybe I can even teach you both a combined skill that Advisors share with their Kings."

The young fairies looked at each other with their noses scrunched up before looking back at her. "What is it?" They asked.

"The Divine Sacred Tree. It only works if the King and the Advisor are so close that they are practically one. But if casted properly, it will send healing spores of the sacred tree into a frenzy. It is so strong that it could even heal someone who is at Death's door in an instant."