Christmas Special

"Sir Meliodas..really? Why are you dressing me up like this again? You never dress Ellie up!" Adelina said as she tugged one of the boots up her leg angrily.

"It's for a good cause Adelina. We're raising money to help rebuild the kingdom after what happened. Besides, Elizabeth is spending time with King Bartra and her sisters."

Adelina watched Meliodas with an emotionless face as he wiped down the bar, crossing her legs before her arms.

He sighed feeling his gaze on him and looked up. "I thought maybe, dressing up, getting into the holiday spirit and selling mystery presents to people may keep your mind off of things."

She sunk down in her seat slightly, lowering her arms and letting her defenses down. "I'm doing better Meliodas. I promise."

"You may think you're a good liar Adelina. But you never have been." Her head snapped up as he hopped over the bar and came to sit beside her.

"Do you remember? When we met?"

"Baste-" She froze at his harsh look and she sighed.

"I was beginning to think you were the one who didn't remember."

400 years ago

It was three hundred years after Adelina left her realm in search of her king. Two hundred years before meeting Lily.

Adelina had been cold and starving and wandering into a small pub, a flimsy red cloak thrown over her head and wings.

She sat down at a table and sighed in relief as warmth fanned her skin.

"This seat taken?" She looked up and met eyes with a small blonde boy with brilliant green eyes.

"Aren't you a little young to be in here?"

"Isn't that cloak a little light to keep your wings from freezing?" He challenged with a goofy smile as he sat down.

Her eyes widened and she quickly snapped her fingers making small vines tie his feet to the floor.

"Awe come on now. Where's your Christmas spirit?"

She looked at him warily and confused.

"I'm not looking to steal them. You looked lonely. And I sure do love me some-"

"No. No." She said, her hand itching to slap him.

"-boobies. So I can keep you company."

SMACK

He was on the ground. She stood up leaning over the table to see him as the guests grew quiet. He open his eyes and let out a loud laugh before hopping up. The crowd went back to their own business leaving the strange pair to themselves.

"Well definitely not what I asked for Christmas this year. But thanks I guess." He chimed sitting back down. She tilted her head in confusion and followed suit.

"You've mentioned this twice now. What is this Christmas?"

He raised an eyebrow. "Not a fairy thing?"

She pursed her lips and shook her head. "No. We don't affiliate ourselves with humans. She looked away. "For important reasons."