Please...

"HARLEQUIN!!!"

Adelina closed her eyes as the razor sharp vines closed in on her. As they were inches from her nose, a sharp breeze passed by her and dull thuds hit the ground. She peaked an eye open to see them sliced and laying on the ground.

Her tears fell from her eyes and began pouring down her bruised and battered face.

"S-sire.." She mumbled as he floated down. His back was facing her, his hands were clenched, his head was angled down, small droplets of water were falling to the ground.

"Quiet now Addy...I-I'm here now...he won't hurt you or Diane anymore." His voice was shaking as he tried to hold in his sobs and her heart broke off another piece.

"Pl-please let m-me help...p-please." The younger fairy pleaded as she hiccupped from her sobs. Howzer was beside her, slightly supporting her up onto her knees.

"King is right Advisor...you're too weak and hurt. You ca-" He was cut off by her overwhelming sobs as she hunched over in his arms, trying to curl into a ball.

"Y-you don't understand! I failed Elaine! I failed my people! I lost him once and we all suffered! I-" She wailed as she bent more towards the ground, blood and tears dropping soundlessly to the ground.

"And now I've failed Diane! I put all my energy into Divine Healing and it didn't finish taking hold!" The area went quiet save for her wails, cries and pleas to help but they fell upon ears that didn't wish to listen.

The Fairy King was now in front of them. "Which one of you did this?" He asked dully towards Guila and Howzer. Adelina slowly picked up her head and looked at him in confusion.

"S-sire...they didn't...it was Helb-" A yelp left her mouth as he punched Howzer's armor full force. Howzer stood, Adelina falling to her hands and knees.

Her eyes watered after seeing King's bloody and busted knuckled, her heart wept at his tears. At his cries of wanting to keep Diane safe, at wanting to keep the one who loves safe after neglecting to do so for so long.

She sensed him before he tried to strike. Helbram came barreling down in his human form.

She quickly propelled herself forward and was met with a hand throwing her into Diane. "I don't have anymore time to waste on you!"

She blacked out.

She came to, feeling unbelievable pain. Adelina shot up crying out and her eyes widened to see King being beat around by more vines.

"NO! NO HELBRAM PLEASE!" She cried as she pushed herself up coughing blood.

"Please..KILL ME INSTEAD!" She screamed. She shakily hopped down from Diane and flew up slightly. "Please...leave him be Helbram." She whimpered as the fairy in question froze and looked at her with a sickening smirk.

The King looked over at his Advisor in horror as an ice shard, about of wide as a baseball came barreling towards her. Tears streaming down his face as he tried to reach her.

She looked at her King with an emotion flooding her eyes along with tears. She mouthed something to him before smiling sadly, closing her eyes, and choking up blood as the shard pierced through her stomach.

King let out scream of anguish as Adelina fell to the ground. He shot out his hand as sobs overcame his body. Chastiefol as Guardian gently caught her and set her down in Howzer's arms who had tears streaming down his face. Guardian pat her head before changing back.

King turned to Helbram in time to see more vines coming towards them. As they hit numerous times and the dust settled as Helbram pulled back, he was shocked to see a green dome of light surrounding Diane, Howzer, Guila, Zeal, and most importantly to King, Adelina.

"The power of the forest..? How does it still appear for you?!"

He heard a small cough.

"How do I-I have D-Divine H-Healing after all th-these years?" Both male fairies looked in shock as the ginger female coughed once more. The hole in her stomach very slowly closed itself.

She laid a hand on it, covering it with moss. It would take longer than normal given her state, but it would do the job.

"W-we are o-of the c-council. The-the tree re-releases spores to heal i-itself. H-Harlequin's is v-very m-much the s-same." She coughed more, blood trickling from her mouth as she stumbled on her feet seeing as she made Howzer let her down.

"Addy please...stop." King pleaded to her.

"Ya know...i-if H-Harelquin and I w-weren't so cl-close." She looked up and glowered at Helbram through the dome. "I-I w-would be d-dead." She dropped to her knees.

"H-Harley?" She whimpered. King blushed slightly hearing the name she hasn't called him in over a century.

"Yes Addy?"

"Pl-please w-win. I wanna g-go home now." His eyes softened.

"Of course Addy. We'll be home very soon."

He turned to glare at Helbram, despite being battered, broken, and through hell in this fight; Lord Fairy King Harlequin had a new determination in his eyes.

A quick memory of what Adelina mouthed to him before she took that last blow flashed through his mind and he clenched his fists.

I love you too Addy.

I love you too.

I'm going to kill him for what he did to you.

He swiped his hand to the side, sending Chastiefol at Helbram as he sent his green sword.

Word Count: 952

A/N: ahhhhh I'm sorry it took so long! I had just gotten a new job and I was spending time with my husband after he got back from deployment plus I found out I was pregnant so I've been going to doctor appointments and sleeping and dealing with morning sickness. This is just a filler and we should have more soon!