Chapter 16: Kill Steal

Depuis le début

"No," replied Khaleed. He flickered because he knew that something unusual was taking place. And he was not casting his Ultimate either. That move -- that move that enraged the sand. It was not his move. "The sand. Why are they moving? What's happening?" Khaleed thought.

Pharsa sensed her opponent's overflowing disappointment. Taking advantage of the situation, she flew and drew herself nearer to him.

"Something wrong, Khaleed?"

"Don't trick me, Pharsa."

"Why don't you fight with full cards, Khaleed? Why just dodge my attacks? And now, look at you. Retreating from afar."

"Release the prisoner. That's all. No more fighting." Khaleed, reminding her of his purpose.

"Eh? Really? Can you say it again?"

"You know what, when Alice said you're an idiot, I just don't believe her

"You know what, when Alice said you're an idiot, I just don't believe her. Afterall, you have the guts to kill Verri. But now, with that mentality, and that coward style of fighting? I realized Alice was right. Khufra was right. They were all right about you being an idiot!" Pharsa, throwing some dirty talks.

"I don't want my energy wasted. I'm reserving it to those more worthy. I think there's no other way to say this, but Pharsa, the truth is, you're no match against me."

"Wow. I think that hurts! Oh yes, that hurts! Poor Pharsa. Hahahaha!" Pharsa, releasing her demonic yet sarcastic laugh. "If that is all, I don't want to fight you anymore. I highly value my spells. And these mighty spells don't deserve landing on such lowly character, Khaleed. Besides, you're just all talk. Your mouth is sugarcoating your empty skills." Then Pharsa changed her tone, "And sure, I will heed your command. You can have your lover. I'll go to Leomord now and have him unlock the carriage. All this is for you, Khaleed. For you and your lover."

But Khaleed remained suspicious. "No one would buy that talk, Pharsa. Say that to your dead bird."

"Oh! A while ago, you want me to release your lover, and now that I am about to do it, you don't believe me? I wonder what life would be with such brain, Khaleed. Hahahaha!" Pharsa laughed again, as she turned her back on him.

"If what you said was true, then you would have –"

Khaleed stopped. Something hit his back. He was immobilized. He can't speak. And he can't cast a skill either. He was completely stunned!

"Oops!" Pharsa grinned. Swiftly, she flapped her wings and soared high right above Khaleed. "It doesn't matter if you own the sand, the seas or the skies. An idiot will always be an idiot, Khaleed." Then Khaleed realized that it was Selena's Abyssal Arrow that hit him.

Pharsa now faced the sky as she stretched and extended her wings. She removed her blindfolds and allowed several drops of blood from her eyes to transmute her scepter. Then she raised it and gestured an ancient ritual. This time, she was casting the curse of the Vengeful Dark Birds passed down to her - generations from generations. Her deadly Ultimate was now ready to finish the stunned Khaleed.