Chapter 31: Hungry Duo

Miya groaned and said, "It's becoming dark.

Layla was concerned, "These jungle monsters are really hard to find. What shall we do then?"

"I think we should rest. How about you, Kannagi? Any plans?"

"Why not continue the search, Miya?" Kannagi responded.

"Well, you don't want to mess with them at night when they're so awake and dangerous. Monster hunting is best done during the day when they're asleep."

"Yes, Miya is right, Kannagi. How about we set up our tent, Miya?" Layla suggested.

"Okay. But what about tonight's dinner?"

"Hmmn. That's a problem though. But don't worry Miya, there are lots of tasty bats here. Look," said Layla, pointing to the top of a tree. "Oh my! Just seeing those wings make me crave for them so much!"

"I can't wait to eat them, Layla! I'm really hungry! Target locked!" Miya, excited

Seriously? Bats for dinner? Vale spoke to himself and about to puke.

"Kannagi, you set up the tent while we serve you dinner, okay?"

"Ahh. Ehh.."

"Why? Do you have problems? That's an order!"

"Okay... Got.. it, Layla." Vale sighed.

Miya and Layla quickly hunted the bats they're craving. They then lit a fire and roasted their catch.

"We've never had a member of the squad as handsome as you, Kannagi, so let's celebrate! Come on, take the first taste!" commanded Layla.

"I'm good, Layla. Ehehe."

Layla and Miya just continued to ogle him. They are anticipating his first bite of the dish.

"Kannagi!" Layla shouted. "Are you refusing my orders?"

"Faster Kannagi! I can't bear this hunger anymore! Eat!" Miya added.

Kannagi seems to disapprove. Does he, however, even have a choice? Alright, having no other option and feeling choked by the gaze of these two powerful women alongside him, Vale took the first mouthful. Unexpectedly, it had some kick to it. Vale was aware that something was off. His eyes seemed to show how disappointing his situation is. Despite the lenses, they suddenly turned gold after ingesting his first bite.

 Despite the lenses, they suddenly turned gold after ingesting his first bite