Chapter 28: Kannagi

Moniyan Empire

Moniyan Empire

"How much are these human clothes?"

"What do you mean human clothes? They're clothes, you can disregard the human," the shop owner corrected him. "These cost 30 twilight coins each."

Oh crap! Vale said to himself. He was in the Garments Shop inside the Moniyan Empire looking for some comfortable human clothes to wear. Again, he reminded himself not to forget that he is in his human form.

"Alright. I'll take five of these."

"Are you sure? Five white shirts with the same design?"

"Why not?"

"Okay. There you have it."

"How about this one?"

"That's a leather jacket. It costs a hundred."

"I'll take this too. How about this? What's this for?"

"What are you, boy? Do you come from an old civilization? That's for the eyes. It costs 50 twilight coins. Your total purchase is now worth 300 twilight coins."

Vale handed over the twilight coins. Unfortunately, he only have ten twilight coins left after the purchase. But he didn't bother. He just wore what he bought and faced the mirror.

 He just wore what he bought and faced the mirror

"This will do," he said to himself. He then went outside. From there, he could see again several posters clipped on the walls. Displaying his mage form, the posters go with the caption "Wanted Alive: Reward 1,000,000 twilight coins." However, he need not to worry. Diggie's human potion, by far, was effective in concealing his true identity.

Though in human form for days, he was still not used to it. The new physical body weighed heavier than his original form. His hair remained white but finer. However, far from the dark brown complexion, his skin was lighter and white this time. One thing was not changed by the potion though. His eyes. They remained gold. And Diggie might have anticipated this. No. Diggie knew his eyes won't change. That's why he brought him over numerous pairs of contact lenses. Now, he was wearing a blue one.