Chapter 4: Stay With Us

TRIGGER WARNING

At this point I feel like it should be known that pretty much this entire book is going to be a trigger warning. That being said, read at your own discretion. Just so you all know, I'm only going to be putting trigger warnings for scenes that actually describe the action of doing these things. I am putting in the warnings anyways, for those of you who are interested in the book but not the trigger warnings, but like I said, just be cautious if you do choose to continue. I will still be leaving in potentially triggering parts that are unmarked if they are necessary to read in order to understand the next part or if by marking those parts I'd end up spoiling something big, plot-wise. I will do my best to warn you, but I won't always be doing every single potentially triggering thing, and to be honest, that'd probably be half my book. XD I hope you guys are still enjoying!

~~~

"Look who's finally up," Bobby commented as Leah made her way to the bottom of the stairs.

Leah rolled her eyes and smiled as she rubbed the side of her face.

"You feelin' alright?" he asked as Leah began slipping on her running shoes.

"Yeah, why?" she asked.

"'Cause it's two in the afternoon and you just woke up," Bobby said. "Have you been sleeping okay?"

"Yeah. Well, no, but I'm fine. I've just been having more nightmares recently, but nothing I can't handle," Leah said, lacing up her shoes. Once she was done, she stood up, ready to head out.

"Why don't you grab something to eat before you go for your run?" Bobby suggested. "Your body needs something in its system before you start working it; you probably haven't eaten in, like, what- at least 16 hours?"

"Uh, sure," Leah said. "I'll grab something small before I go."

Leah then made her way over to the fridge and pulled out an apple. After briefly washing it and peeling off the sticker, she took a bite out of it and took a seat at the table, next to Bobby.

"That's it?" Bobby asked.

Leah shrugged.

"I'll grab something else when I come back; I'm just really feeling a run right now, and I don't really feel like spending a ton of time eating," she explained. "So, any word from the boys?"

Bobby shook his head and shrugged.

"Haven't heard anything from them since they got to River Grove. Have you?"

"No," Leah answered. "Should we be worried?"

"Nah," Bobby said. "They know how to take care of themselves. Plus, this isn't the first time they've gone radio silent and they always turn up alright."

Leah nodded and took another bite of her apple.

"So, what've you been having nightmares about, if you don't mind my asking?" Bobby asked.

Leah bit her lip and sighed. "Nothing important."

"Must be pretty bad if you're losing this much sleep over it," he commented.

Leah shrugged. "Eh. Like I said, nothing I can't handle."

There was a brief pause between the two of them for a moment before Bobby seemed to remember something.

"Oh, hey, are you all right? I noticed that there was a little bit of blood on the sink when I went in to use the bathroom this morning," he asked her.

Shocked, Leah's eyes widened slightly, but as soon as she felt them open, she quickly brought them back to a normal position and put on her best poker face. This, however, did not go unnoticed by Bobby.