04. Demon Drop-In

Começar do início

‘Sterling, Colorado,’ Sam announced as he read the news article. ‘Dean, Katia and I can check it out on the way to Kansas,’ he continued whilst looking up at Mr Robertson.

‘Yeah?’ Mr Robertson asked back just to be sure. Sam and I both nodded, definitely. ‘Yeah, that would be great thanks. Just give me a call if you need anything; I’m sure Curtis and Fletcher will be willing to help out,’ he spoke calmly.

                Almost two hours later I had managed to get all of my belongings loaded into my car. Due to my broken wrist, and Mrs Robertson being an overprotective parent towards me, Sam had been asked to drive my car meaning Dean would have to travel to Colorado alone; luckily he didn’t seem to bothered, he seemed kind of drawn in by the fact he could drive his car with the music as loud as he wanted without Sam complaining.

‘Make sure you stop in to visit,’ Mrs Robertson spoke as she checked my wrist over once again before pulling me into a comforting hug. ‘You know our door’s always open.’

‘Don’t worry, I’ll be back before you even realised I left,’ I laughed as I patted her back with my good hand before pulling away.

Dean finally came strolling out of the front door; I had sent Fletcher to go pry him away from the outdoor shooting targets seen as Dean had been rather uncooperative about leaving without having his own little shootout. He and Curtis had been out there for an hour after Gregory returned.

‘If you ever need extra help in a hunt make sure we’re your first choice,’ Fletcher announced as he swung an arm over my shoulder before pulling me towards him and scrubbing his hand against my head. With my right hand I managed to get a couple of good punches to his thigh before he finally released me; for a twenty-one-year old he still behaved like a child.

‘I wouldn’t dream of asking anyone,’ I replied as I smoothed my hair over once again before giving Curtis a quick hug. ‘Anyway, we’ve got to get to Colorado,’ I finally finished. The entire Robertson family had gathered to say farewell; I actually felt like a part of the family.

‘Drop by anytime,’ Mrs Robertson continued to call.

‘Each time I pass by South Dakota I’ll make sure I stop in; you’ll regret offering after the second time I stop by,’ I laughed. Sam was already sat in the driver’s seat of my car and Dean had the engine of the Impala running. ‘See you soon,’ I yelled with a bright smile before sliding into the passenger’s seat of my car.

There was a choir of “byes” coming from the Robertson family members as we drove away from the house. I couldn’t help but sigh with contentment; finally things were starting to seem normal for the final four months I had away from Hell.

-

We were about two hours away from our destination when Dean had called my cell phone before asking us to meet him in a random roadside restaurant. I wasn’t actually that hungry even though the last time I’d eaten was about seven hours ago when I had breakfast; either way, Sam was probably getting bored of driving so it was probably best to take a short break and grab some lunch.

The Impala was already parked in a space when Sam pulled into the parking lot.

I had spent a majority of the car journey, so far, texting Fletcher random things and facts. Sam and I had had a conversation about how the pair of us had been spending the last couple of years; Sam told me that he met a woman, Amelia, but apparently their relationship hadn’t worked out too well and that’s where our conversation ended.

‘Look at you two happy campers,’ Dean instantly mocked as he strolled over to me and Sam when we got out of my car. ‘How was your trip?’

‘As if you care,’ Sam muttered in response before yanking the door of the restaurant open.