11. Rest is For the Weak

Rest is for the Weak

<Katia’s POV>

Not going to lie, I was completely and utterly shattered; I hadn’t made that known to Dean as he seemed to be enjoying himself at the pool table. When the end of our twenty-four hours in the twentieth century came around, I was kind of excited to be returning to the present day; a place where I could actually sleep.

Time was running out, yet Sam still hadn’t returned to our meeting point.

Dean and I stood by the same gross dumpster which we’d arrived at just under twenty-four hours ago. Neither of us were really up to having a conversation, Dean seemed to be coming down from his high- after all he had won almost every pool game he played and ended up walking out of club with items he didn’t have when arriving.

Apparently gambling pays off when it comes to Dean.

With exactly five minutes to spare, Sam stumbled into the alley way- Alexia trailed after him like some sort of lost sheep. Alexia also wore different clothes to the ones she’d been in earlier; I didn’t even want to know what the pair of them had been up to.

‘The wonderer returns...finally,’ Dean exaggerated; it was only then that he decided to look up, and realise that Alexia was stood behind Sam. ‘Were we all allowed to bring an extra, or does that rule only apply to you?’ he questioned, his eyes didn’t even move away from Alexia who was shifting uncomfortably under Dean’s glare.

‘Alexia wanted to say bye, she wouldn’t take no for an answer,’ Sam answered with a slight shrug.

Alexia nodded in agreement. ‘You got that right,’ she sassed. ‘I ain’t gonna jus’ sit back whilst you three vanish to the future, or wherever it was that you said,’ she added on before eying Sam.

Finally Dean pulled his glare away from Alexia and planted it on Sam, ‘was there anything that you didn’t tell her?’ Sam stared blankly at Dean in response.

                The demon-angel hybrid returned right on time, as she had promised. Alexia was still here when she arrived, the celebrity seemed slightly taken aback by this demon’s presence.

‘You weren’t even makin’ this up,’ Alexia gasped, she stepped a little further away from the demon.

Dean and I turned to Sam, waiting for him to answer her. ‘I would have to be pretty imaginative to dream something like this up,’ he replied with a smile.

The corners of Alexia’s mouth also turned upwards before she gave Sam another, quick embrace. He hugged her back for a few seconds before she stepped back. ‘I guess this is it then,’ she muttered as she stepped away from Sam. Alexia then turned to look at me, ‘good luck with ya deal, honey,’ she smiled.

‘Thank you.’

The demon-angel hybrid cleared her throat, urging us to hurry up. ‘You should’ve already said your goodbyes, we’ve got a journey to make and my grace isn’t going to stop fading just for you,’ she spoke up as she crossed her arms.

Sam and Alexia shared a final glance before he turned away from her; he then came to join me and Dean.

‘How the heck did you manage to get laid in the nineteen-twenties yet I didn’t?’ I heard Dean whispered to Sam before he knocked him with his elbow. Sam didn’t even respond to his comment, I did see a smile appear on his face though.

Alexia stood back as she waved. ‘Travel safely,’ she yelled.

And that was the last thing any of us heard before everything went black once again.